• Show
Clear All

My favorite Hyatt in PVG is PH
    But I usually end up at the Andaz for its location
    Sad to hear it's a bit run down
    Hope there's no smog when I'm there next week
    One of the Four Seasons GMs highly recommended Waldorf Astoria to us

Comment

The WA PEK just opened, just checked it out this afternoon, very nice and had I known, I'd have booked it instead...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        ...due to the smog you can't usually see much anyway.
        No kidding! I was reading about air quality; insane! Sourcing some N95 masks now.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Never thought I'd say this. But PEK's air quality is better than Singapore's the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Never thought I'd say this. But PEK's air quality is better than Singapore's the last few days.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...light-haze-201

http://aqicn.org/city/beijing/
            HUGE AL

Comment

Having been in both places myself, physically smelling the air, rubbing my eyes etc, I'm referring to the time period between Friday and Sunday. And more importantly, I'm referring to the stench in the air in Singapore. Would you like to challenge that, too?

Mostly because this was going on in PEK:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...s-march-8-2014

Comment

Having been in both places myself, physically smelling the air, rubbing my eyes etc, I'm referring to the time period between Friday and Sunday. And more importantly, I'm referring to the stench in the air in Singapore. Would you like to challenge that, too?
                No, just your initial "air quality" claim. I'll ignore these changed parameters.

Mostly because this was going on in PEK:

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/artic...s-march-8-2014
                No idea what this is about or what is has to do with Shanghai Hotels...nor do I care.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Have you considered The Peninsula? The view is stunning if you can get room with the bund view. The service is not as spectacular as other peninsula hotels like say, Peninsula Tokyo.
                  But I still prefer it than Hyatt hotels in Shanghai.

Comment

Originally posted by frolic View Post
                    Have you considered The Peninsula? The view is stunning if you can get room with the bund view. The service is not as spectacular as other peninsula hotels like say, Peninsula Tokyo.
                    But I still prefer it than Hyatt hotels in Shanghai.
                    Yup (Post #87).

The rate is running at USD$506 AI. PuLi is almost 20% less -- Club Floor. Portman RC was also more expensive (Club Executive Suite).

Why in the world are rates so high when occupancy is low???

There's a very good reason the Tokyo Pen is their Flagship.

As this is not a pleasure trip, location is #1...followed by MY definition of safety and comfortability (the latter being more of a psych thing).
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Waldorf Astoria on the Bund may not have a Club Lounge per se, but they've got plenty of ample places one can sit and chill out. Drinks can be had at the original Shanghai Long Bar, very historical, and stiff drinks. The Peninsula also gets good reviews. [...]
                      There's nothing I don't like about the Waldorf. Perhaps the fact that it doesn't have a happy hour with free-flow drinks, that's about all. No butler service with free room-delivered drinks, either. It's a WA, you've gotta pay what you've gotta pay

I've been really, really enjoying myself there every single time I've gone, around four times so far. There's no room/suite closer to/on the Bund itself than in their Heritage building in any hotel there.

I'm in direct contact with the rooms director (their initiative), who's taken care of everything for me, every single time. However, all my previous visits are also as a HH Diamond, so I'm not sure if they'll upgrade a non-status guest (assuming you have some sort of HH status, anyway, from a credit card or s'thing). [...]
                      Kyo, on the money! +1 for the WA!
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                      X