No announcement yet.

SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had issues with it earlier but was able to process a redemption flight. The new seat selection diagrams are just awful. Big nasty squares. Misaligned buttons everywhere. And seriously I can't remember the last time the 3 day fare calendar ever worked.

Comment

Looks like the website is down for a long time.. Hopefully when its back up, they would have fixed the ridiculous fact that my flight in December has zero seats for selection since July!

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
        ^ Yup, website crashed on me during the payment process a few mins ago.
        The Singapore Airlines website is now back up and running.

I hope your credit card did not charge you for the aborted transaction, perhaps the best to contact SIA office for clarification.

Comment

I had a waitlisted flight clear.......both an SMS and email told me to log-in to confirm the booking before it's automatically cancelled.

No options.

So, called the helpline......"Yeah, not possible to do that online so I do for you here."

Today the new booking still doesn't appear in my account despite the fact I hold new tickets already. I feel another call coming on.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            I hope your credit card did not charge you for the aborted transaction, perhaps the best to contact SIA office for clarification.
            Called SQ, they confirmed no charge. The agent apologized and offered to ticket the booking over the phone which was nice.
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

This new one doesn't seem to like IPads. Last week it was destinations on redemptions this week it's on paid tickets. It doesn't accept recognise Changi, NRT or LAX. A least last week it would pop up with the full term when you out the three letter code in, now it won't even do that.

Comment

I am planning to go to Hong Kong from Sydney.
                Outbound SQ242/860
                Inbound SQ865/231

I am very disappointed that I want to travel on S Class on SQ860, 865 and 231.

I can do it for 865/231, but the options for S Class on 242/860 is blocked.

I tried to do a multi-city booking and I am outraged there's even no S Class available.

If SQ decides to give up S Class please let us know property, not through these dodgy ways not allow us to book them.

Comment

Why are the seat availability maps different for the same flight on different bookings?

I've a redemption flight booked for my wife and son, reserved them seats. I went in today to buy my flights and get on the same return as them, noting the seat next to them was taken (we're talking end of December, not next week by the way).

I completed my booking, reserving a seat in an empty row so I could go back into the other booking and put us together. It was only two to three minutes between switching from my booking to theirs but all the seats in the empty row I had chosen, were blocked out. It's physically an impossibility, meaning there must be some differences in the back end. So now I have to wait until either OLCI or call SQ to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                    Why are the seat availability maps different for the same flight on different bookings?

I've a redemption flight booked for my wife and son, reserved them seats. I went in today to buy my flights and get on the same return as them, noting the seat next to them was taken (we're talking end of December, not next week by the way).

I completed my booking, reserving a seat in an empty row so I could go back into the other booking and put us together. It was only two to three minutes between switching from my booking to theirs but all the seats in the empty row I had chosen, were blocked out. It's physically an impossibility, meaning there must be some differences in the back end. So now I have to wait until either OLCI or call SQ to sort it out.
                    I had the same experience. I called them and they sorted it out.
                    It really felt like the website was trolling me.

But kinda funny now when I think about it.

Comment

Is there any way to use the website to price codeshares accurately on the new website? I would like to put my VX connecting flight on the same ticket as my SQ flight, but doing so makes the fare booked in the C fare bucket... which is outrageously pricey. (It's also an open-jaw ticket, if that affects things.)

Comment

The new website also doesn't seem to al low for tickets issued by partner airlines to be managed, even if you have the sq booking reference.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post

Your KF status plays a part in which seats you can select online. I know PPS members can view all seats. Happened to me previously when I tried to select a seat for my wife using her account (KFES).

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                            Your KF status plays a part in which seats you can select online. I know PPS members can view all seats. Happened to me previously when I tried to select a seat for my wife using her account (KFES).

Correct but both bookings were mine.....one as a redemption and the other as a paid ticket. Added to that, I confirmed an empty row of seats two rows BEHIND where I had previously managed to put my wife and son in the redemption.

Anyway, I called SQ and the girl sorted it out saying it shouldn't have happened like that. She did, then, admit there was still a problem.

Comment

In the new version of the website there is no way to get a copy of the full timetable anymore. In the past I was able to download a pdf version and have it on my laptop and tablet for offline use. Any idea where it is hiding?

Comment

This link still appears to work:

http://www.sqtimetable.com/SQTimetable.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X