Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPS - Access to VS Lounge when flying VS in Y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS - Access to VS Lounge when flying VS in Y?

I have searched this forum and other sources, but wasn't able to find a clear answer to my question:

I will be flying LGW to MCO (return) on Virgin Atlantic in Economy Class. As a PPS, will I have access to the LGW Clubhouse?

The last time I used VS was in 2009 for an LGW - LAS flight (in Y) and I was allowed to use the Virgin Club House then. But it looks like the rules have changed and the Singapore Airlines website doesn't mention anything: PPS Club

Any recent experiences?

In MCO VS uses the Delta Airlines Crown Room, so it seems unlikely that I will be allowed to use any lounge there?

Originally posted by DuMaInSin View Post
    I have searched this forum and other sources, but wasn't able to find a clear answer to my question:

I will be flying LGW to MCO (return) on Virgin Atlantic in Economy Class. As a PPS, will I have access to the LGW Clubhouse?

The last time I used VS was in 2009 for an LGW - LAS flight (in Y) and I was allowed to use the Virgin Club House then. But it looks like the rules have changed and the Singapore Airlines website doesn't mention anything: PPS Club

Any recent experiences?

In MCO VS uses the Delta Airlines Crown Room, so it seems unlikely that I will be allowed to use any lounge there?
    I was allowed to enter VS Club House with my KF Gold status when I traveled on VS last Nov.
    Should be no problem.. unless they change the rule recently..

Comment

thanks jbflyer, I will give it a try then and will report back after my trip (next month)

Comment

I just returned from my trip to Orlando and as promised I am reporting back on my questions.

I am PPS member and flew (AMS -) LGW - MCO - LGW (-AMS) on VS in economy.

At the VS transfer desk I in LGW asked whether I would have access to the VS Club House, and the lady at the desk did not know. So I went to the Club House and showed my boarding pass and PPS Club membership card, and was given access without further questions. Very nice and comfortable lounge with good food served at your table and a wide selection of drinks.

At (Upper Class) check in at MCO I asked whether I would have access to any lounge. The lady at the desk did not know, but suggested I should check at the Delta Sky Club. I went there, the Delta representative checked her files and said that I had no access. At that very moment a Virgin representative came and I told her I was given access to the LGW Club House without any questions. She made a couple of calls. After the first call she was still in doubt but then after the second she confirmed that I could use the lounge. The Delta lady wrote down my details and I was in. I was very happy about that, especially because my flight was delayed by an hour. The lounge itself is nothing to write home about though: no food, just some snacks, lukewarm white wine and Miller Lite and Budweiser on tap.

In summary: PPS members traveling Virgin Atlantic in economy do have access to the Club House in London Gatwick as well as the Delta Sky Club in Orlando, you may need to be a little persistent though.
        Last edited by DuMaInSin; 20 May 2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X