No announcement yet.

When does SQ start to clear waitlists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does SQ start to clear waitlists?

I'm waitlisted for an upgrade from economy to business on SQ12 on 13th December and SQ11 on 21st December.

I still have not received a confirmation

Anybody have an idea when SQ starts to clear waitlists?

Thanks!

Its difficult to tell really. I've gotten upgrade waitlists clear at the very last minute. You're talking about 5-6 hours before I board my flight..
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

wow! ok hope i get mine soon.

When i last checked, there were 25 seats vacant in business on sq12 and 23 vacant on sq11.

Comment

FYI, vacant seats are not a good indicator of how full the cabin is. People can buy the ticket but the reserve a seat until check in. For all you know, the cabin can be full still with 25 vacant seats showing.

Comment

Persistence helps ... I've switched from a Business-Standard Redemption to a Business-Saver Redemption literally less than 3 hours before flight departure ... There is some cancellation fees involved, but its well worth it to save a good chunk of miles.

Comment

With my last experience with SQ (on waiting list to LAX from SGP). We call up serveral times to ask about wait list status. The answer from call center is no chance. On the same day, we decided to travel to T3 ticketing office and making the same request. We are immediately given 2 seats from wait list !!

By the way, that was 2.5 weeks before departure date.

Comment

Was it an upgrade?
              Saver upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by patrabit View Post
                Was it an upgrade?
                Saver upgrade?
                Is a upgrade. I believe the ticketting officer can do a better job vs call center. (at that time, my guess the call center is somewhere in India ?)

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                  Is a upgrade. I believe the ticketting officer can do a better job vs call center. (at that time, my guess the call center is somewhere in India ?)
                  I find your statement hard to believe. The waitlists are cleared by the seat controllers and NOT any other ticketting officer.

And FYI, the KF call centre is located in SIN, not India.

Comment

i tried the ticketing office the other day i was at T2. they said better chances at main office at ION orchard. that's where the seat controllers are sitting .

Comment

Good News!

Both my flights have been confirmed at a great mileage of 55200 each way.

10 days before my flight

Cheers!

Comment

had my waitlisted flight cleared also 10 days before the flight date @ 0913hrs

Comment

Had a waitlist clear for a flight in 48 hours that I specifically cancelled 12 days ago, awesome...

Comment

Waitlist for Dec flights

Hello, just wanted to check if anyone has gotten their J Waitlist tickets for the popular December period cleared before? I tried redeeming my flights for dec last week and almost all destinations were not available! Managed to waitlist for CHC but I hate planning trips without confirmed flights

Comment

These days, can't get 2x F saver seats in North and South American routes.

I just waitlisted 1 pax for LAX-SIN in Feb'13.

Any experience on when F saver upgrades for North American routes get the waitlists cleared. 10-14 days usually before the flight ? Any experiences with much earlier clearance like a few months/weeks before the flight?
                              Last edited by SQueeze; 22 August 2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X