Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer miles Transferable?

Hi Sorry Nuebie question

Is Krisflyer miles transferrable between family members like Qantas miles can be?

Cheers,

Welcome to SQTalk!

No, you can't transfer KF miles to another account (whether a family member or not) nor can you combine accounts to get enough miles for an award.

Comment

You can't transfer miles but you can nominate specific family members (who are also KF members) to allow them to use your miles for flights, upgrades etc. You can't combine miles though.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
        ... you can nominate specific family members ...
        Not necessarily have to be specific family members.

From SQ website:

Treating family and friends

As a KrisFlyer member, you can nominate as many as five family members or friends for whom you can redeem your KrisFlyer miles for flight awards. Simply login to make your nominations online, or download and complete a Redemption Nomination form.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Not necessarily have to be specific family members.

From SQ website:
          My previous company insisted that miles to be used for business travel only and not for private travel. Because SQ does not permit transfer of miles, we have to select our colleagues for redemption purposes so that they could use for their business travel.

In the home country of the company, the airlines have transferability of the miles so they put in a common pool managed by an outside agent that will doled out as redemption tickets. This agent will charge a fee based on 25% of the full economy class ticket price.

Subsequently, this system was scrapped recently after a number of years.

Comment

[QUOTE=SQ LPP;43750]Not necessarily have to be specific family members.

Yes, you are right of course, I just can't bear to share my precious points with anybody but my closest family members

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
              You can't transfer miles but you can nominate specific family members (who are also KF members) to allow them to use your miles for flights, upgrades etc. You can't combine miles though.
              Nominees do not have to be Krisflyer members.

Comment

Transfer Miles

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if KF miles are transferable between members ?

Delta Miles are transferable ..

Thanks for sharing..

Comment

No, they can't be transfered.

Comment

Just to point out there is already a thread about this, with a bit more info.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3343

Comment

Threads merged.

jjpb3
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Though I have not seen this myself, I heard of rumours some time ago that high-frequency flyers were auctioning their excess miles on eBay as Biz class seats. They can nominate their new "friends" when they issue the tickets.

Comment

Thanks for merging threads and thanks for all the info..

Comment

Working...
                          X