Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Business Class Experience on SQ (SQ317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Business Class Experience on SQ (SQ317)

It all begun when I got a rather quik! call to ship me back to KL for 2 weeks, after just 1 week back in the UK. In a way I wasn’t pleased because that meant a hell lot more stress – but on the other hand, it kinda got me excited because it was the perfect timing to redeem my KF miles, before they implement the new changes started Feb 2007, and turn *G in style. I called up the KF office in UK and asked for an upgrade, at the same time did the Book The Cook service – where I could order special meals. All’s done and I’m on my way back to KL in Business, and First from SIN to KUL!

The experience starts here
    Checked in at the Business Class counter and was greeted by a lovely Chinese lady, who was really pleasant! I could spot the difference from checking in in Y and here, immediately! It’s nice to be addressed by your name *rolleyes* She was having problems issuing my F boarding pass for my SIN-KUL but did at the end. There it was…a First Class boarding pass, in front of me! Got my Priority Tag on my bag, and was given a Raffles Tag for my hand carry (I was really excited at this moment, hehe).

Btw, if you do check in in the Y counters for SQ, one tip – do not ever go to the counter manned by this old lady. She is usually located at the counter just 1 counter apart from the Business Class check-in. She’s kinda fierce and always gives a hard time to passengers. Last time I had problem checking my luggage because it was overweight. When I offered to pay for the extra baggage, she just refused me. This was after I have shifted and threw some of my stuff – primarily boxes and unwanted stuff (3 times no-less!). And she was very strict. I was lucky that day, as I managed to check in the same baggage weight using another counter later. And today – she was giving the same problem to a passenger again. Poor lady who was checking was forced to open up her bags and reshuffle, but she still refuse! So, avoid!

The Virgin Clubhouse – No better way to lounge
    I was invited to use the SKL lounge in LHR. I told her that I would like to check out the VS CH, and she said that’s fine but please observe timing as they will not call for boarding. I was also presented with an orange sticker, which allows me to Fast Track the security screening. It was rather funny because the usual line was actually faster as there weren’t many passengers at that time. A pax in front of me agreed, ‘Not so much of a fast track, isn’t it?’. Heh.

I have heard so much about the Clubhouse, so naturally I was really excited of the thought of gaining an entry and seeing it my own! I quickly wade through to find the VS CH lounge. I made to the Lounge F section and then there it was. An amazing entrance that could be a hip clubbing spot!

I first saw the signs of great VS branding – their sign, ‘Mind your steps’ were in their standard corporate font were plastered on the wall, reminding us to mind the many steps leading to the CH. There were 2 ‘check-in’ counters mended by 2 lovely ladies, both with great warmth, just from their smiles! I presented my boarding pass, and she tapped into her touch screen panels, and then guided me into the clubhouse. Oh my – the interior was much better than those pictures that I have seen here! The lady then asked if this was my first time, and I said yes – so she was so nice to quickly run me through with all the services available in this club house.

Since I left the house without breakfast, I took a look at the menu, and ordered the Fuel Breakfast – which was extremely yummy. Service was top-notch, and may I say, the person attended me had the most gorgeous eyes I must add, I am utterly impressed with the whole concept, you can see every little detail is taken care off. This is probably going to be the best lounge ever – and it’s going to be hard to top! I’m glad that *G members flying SQ on Y will be able to access this lounge! Phew…now I feel like *G does have it perks! Enrich Gold – wha?

I love every single detail in the Clubhouse - call me freak!

Upper floor, where you can lounge with your own party of people! But usually people who enter the lounge come alone, or just with a partner

The coffee table u see from the pic above, is actually a see through - you can see the pool table below! wow!

*in love*

Random

Up to the garden rooftop - I guess I'll be damn nice if it was summer, and you can chill up here! awesome

Comment

The library room section - looking great! Many selection of dailies, magazines, and some really nice books! Free internet terminals, and they even have a printer. And it's a Xerox printer! My client!

Bored? Play some arcade games! I played Street Fighter, used to be 20cents during my primary school days - free here!

Comment

Eat till you puke!

My fav section of the lounge!

Even the stationary is hot! hehe

Check out this eraser, at one end, it's saying: -

On the other: -

Bored? Not too worry, deposit ** boarding pass, and get a PSP!!
        Last edited by quik!; 2 February 2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Phew!

Comment

Nice pictures, quik!!
            Thanks for sharing.

Comment

VS CH just looks better and better in every pic I see! Must check it out *one day*.

Thanks for sharing, quik! !
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Love the pictures! One small correction - access to the VS CH on a SQ Y tix is restricted to KF *G, PPS and (I seem to recall ?) BD. Other *G don't have access.

Edit: enjoy it while you can! I think this very valuable perk may disappear when SQ move out of T3...

Comment

Having been in the VS CH @ LHR....i can truly say that your photos **DO** do it justice!

Almost bought a tear to my eye just looking at those photos...

Comment

Wow nice photos I want to go there one day

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                      I want to go there one day
                      Another one for you to experience is the First Class Terminal at FRA. Thus you have to fly LH F.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        Another one for you to experience is the First Class Terminal at FRA. Thus you have to fly LH F.
                        I need to get visa's to go everywhere in Europe. Is it hard to get a UK visa or a Schanegen (sp?) visa

So I should get an award ticket.
                        LAX-JFK in UA F JFK-FRA in SQ F stopover FRA-SIN on SQ F SIN-BKK on SQ F
                        SQ F BKK-SIN-FRA then FRA-LAX on LH F?

Comment

Nice report with pics! Where is the flight part? Or is that still to come?
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

SKL LHR
                            I left at around 0945 to check out the SKL Business Class lounge located at Lounge B area. When the automatic frosted glass door slid open, I was greeted by this expressionless lady on the counter. I presented my boarding pass, she checked her list, ticked my name, and utter, ‘To your right’. There. What a welcome! Doesn’t hurt to smile a bit! I climbed up the stairs and then there was it. The lounge. Uhm…I was like, is that all? I made a round and there wasn’t much to see: dated, boring, and that’s all. I was out in less than a minute! Makes me wonder – why didn’t these passengers visit the VSCH instead? Maybe that’s a good thing, VSCH wouldn’t be so crowded then!

Priority Boarding?
                            The boarding gate finally is shown on the screen – it was gate 53, the same one used when I was flying VS to PVG. Then I knew that we will be taken by a bus to our planes, so yay! When the boarding time came, passengers travelling with children and those requiring assistance were called to board first. After a good 5 minutes or so, to my shock, they started to call for those seated from row 60 to please board. No priority boarding for F, or J. Then only I heard, Star Alliance Gold members may board at their own convenience.

I personally love boarding this style, I love to admire the huge steel! It's quite a sight, really. My seat was 17K, which many claimed to be among the best seats, and I can see why. As this is the emergency exit row, it has lots of uninterupted space in front. I totally love it, coz I could get out without disturbing anyone. Upon entering the upper deck, I was offered to take my jacket which was great. Soon after, drinks were offered.

Not bad at all, the sound quality was really good and it did cancel most of the noise.

Nice wide screen! Am so going to miss it when I return back to Y

Comment

Raffles Experience – top class
                              The ‘To Nibble On’, the much talked about Satay, was served about 20 minutes after we were in cruising altitude. Hmmm I wasn’t REALLY impressed with that, firstly it was rather dry, and secondly it wasn’t warm. I would definitely prefer the satay from my nearby mamak stall!

Water is all I asked for, was rather full by then after all the drinks from the Clubhouse

Storage space / compartment on the side – very handy!

The satay, now serving. Looks rather…unappetising if you ask me…

Then the meal service was in order. I ordered BTC 3 days ago via the Krisflyer Membership Office in London, and I was surprised to find out that they didn’t get my order! I wasn’t pleased, because firstly, this is like my ONLY chance to be on Business Class for a very long time, secondly, the other choices were not my cuppa. They have also ran out of the Stir-fry prawn. So I politely asked if there was any other selection, and she said she will get back to me, and then flashing the biggest smile. They did manage to cook up a fish dish with rice – which I was fine with. It was quite tasty, but I wasn’t ‘WOW’. Later she came back and asked for my BTC details as she wanted to check out why this hasn’t come through. Kudos to SQ for making ‘amends’. Don’t think there is anything in for me though. I wanted to ask for 5,000 miles refund lol

Starter

Comment

Working...
                              X