Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption for A380/B77W flights

I was just wondering, what does

Only unrestricted awards are available for redemption of flights in First and Business Class on the B777-300ER.
    Only unrestricted awards are available for redemption of flights in Business Class on the A380.
    mean?

Another question. Is Economy Saver award tickets applicable for the B77W and A 380?
    Last edited by 9V-SGA; 29 January 2008, 03:00 PM.

KF redemption awards come in 2 forms. Unrestricted and Saver.
    I hope this explanation gives you an idea. Others more eloquent will put it better. Saver meaning its cheaper and more difficult to get and Unrestricted meaning easier to get but more expensive and in most cases 2x more.

Comment

Thanks for that. Another question. Is Economy Saver award tickets applicable for the B77W and A 380?

Comment

Yes. Savers are not available for 77W F,C and A380 C. No awards for R (Suites) on A380

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SGA View Post
          Thanks for that. Another question. Is Economy Saver award tickets applicable for the B77W and A 380?
          Yes. these book into X.

As for your original question:

Saver awards for First and Business book into O and I respectively. These cost your "normal" miles. However, O and I is not available on the 77W, nor the A380.

Unrestricted awards for First and Business book into A and D respectively. These cost 2x the miles.
          A and D are available on the 77W.
          D is also available for redemption on the A380.
          A is NOT available on the 380. (there is no way to get onto a 380 Suite without cold hard cash)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Yes. these book into X.

As for your original question:

Saver awards for First and Business book into O and I respectively. These cost your "normal" miles. However, O and I is not available on the 77W, nor the A380.

Unrestricted awards for First and Business book into A and D respectively. These cost 2x the miles.
            A and D are available on the 77W.
            D is also available for redemption on the A380.
            A is NOT available on the 380. (there is no way to get onto a 380 Suite without cold hard cash)
            Thanks for your detailed answers. It is very useful!

Comment

Update

Just thought it might be a good idea to update this thread with booking classes for Saver, Standard and Full Awards.

Please help me fill the blanks.

********** Economy ** Business** First** Suites
              Saver: ******* X ******** I ***** O *** Not Yet
              Standard: ***** ? ******** D **** A *** Not Yet
              Full: ********* ? ******** ? ***** F *** F

cheers.
              Last edited by SQJunkie; 28 July 2009, 10:21 PM.
              F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Suites are now available for Full Awards, booking into F.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  Suites are now available for Full Awards, booking into F.
                  They were until about 12 noon (SYD) time yesterday...waitlist only at the moment. Called PPS and they advise F inventory was to have been released today but still nothing...checked my CRS and F is zero availability network wide on A380 services ...what a bummer...knew I should have booked it yesterday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by SkySuites View Post
                    They were until about 12 noon (SYD) time yesterday...waitlist only at the moment. Called PPS and they advise F inventory was to have been released today but still nothing...checked my CRS and F is zero availability network wide on A380 services ...what a bummer...knew I should have booked it yesterday morning!
                    SQ is zero-ing out inventory in all booking classes in F and J all the time - even when the plane is empty. Call them and have them clear the waitlist manually. If you have status with SQ, the waitlist clears as long as seats are available.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      SQ is zero-ing out inventory in all booking classes in F and J all the time - even when the plane is empty. Call them and have them clear the waitlist manually. If you have status with SQ, the waitlist clears as long as seats are available.
                      Hi SMK77 - I've got a waitlisted booking full redemption F and called them but they gave the run around saying flight full nothing they can do blah blah...I've got no status with KF.

I am kicking myself now for not booking when it was available.

Comment

Hi SMK77 - I've got a waitlisted booking full redemption F and called them but they gave the run around saying flight full nothing they can do blah blah...I've got no status with KF.

Call them every day and ask them to send a message to revenue management. Have a look at the seat map to ensure Suites are empty.
                        Good luck :-)

Comment

If you want to send me, or post your dates and flights, I will have a look at suite availabilty on EF for you. At least that way you will know if the flight is full or not.

SQ238.

Comment

SQ HQ has confirmed: No "A" class for A380 Suites in the next future!

Full Awards and fares booking into F only!

Comment

Any one with updates on KF redemptions on 77Ws and 380 flights? This is making my trip very difficult.

Did a search, and business saver already on waitlist on most dates for a 2 month travel window I have..

To ask the experts, will/does SQ release business saver regularly? I see the D availability is near 0, but dates are for almost a year out!

Comment

Working...
                              X