Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisFlyer post-Feb 2007 redemption levels revealed

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...me_changes.jsp

I'm glad the 77W isn't on the LHR route (yet). Although I'd love to try the new cabins, the upgrade award level would be exorbitant for me.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 27 November 2006, 11:38 PM. Reason: added comment
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...me_changes.jsp

I'm glad the 77W isn't on the LHR route (yet). Although I'd love to try the new cabins, the upgrade award level would be exorbitant for me.

Have not digested it yet but.........

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR X1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000

Comment

Comment

I'm getting indigestion, as I go through the numbers. If the unrestricted levels are going to be required for redemptions in the new business and first classes, the levels (i.e., 90,000 miles for a one way upgrade between LHR and SIN) make KrisFlyer particularly unattractive to mid-level flyers like me.

Comment

Some fine print i read (and a bit ambiguous) -

in the upgrade chart - it says W isn't allowed for upgrades anymore. Did i read that right?

Another STUPID move is for me to go to Indonesia requires 2 Awards, since there is no Zone 2 to Zone 2 award. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
            Some fine print i read (and a bit ambiguous) -

in the upgrade chart - it says W isn't allowed for upgrades anymore. Did i read that right?
            That's right.

I'm furious.

Comment

Scrap that, I read it wrong....
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 27 November 2006, 10:45 PM.

Comment

SQ is getting a bit too rich for me. Can't afford them the way things are going.

1)Fuel Surcharges higher than all
                2)Surcharges to fly the 77W
                3)New redemption rates

Guess what boys and girls.. there are 19 77W's / 10 A380's coming.
                What then? Fly only as far as CAI and hop on an LCC to get to a LON-SIN DO?
                or Fly to somewhere i don't want to go? You can't HELP but bump into wanting to go somewhere that JUST so happens to be served by a 380/77W.

Comment

It aint' looking good I've got to say. Surprisingly this when there is more competition than ever as well. They are either arrogantly misreading the market, or are supremely confident that people will pay...

Makes me glad MAN is still just a 772ER, and that the A380 into LHR has been delayed. Hopefully they won't refit them with the new stuff, and they'll keep the 773ER well away from the North of England.

Comment

To be fair, what will SQ do for the people who redeem miles as part of StarAlliance award? DL miles? UA miles? LH miles? BD miles? Are they going to have the low mileage requirement? Or SQ will block any I and O availability on 77W routing?

Comment

That is a very good question. Surely they wouldn't increase rates for members of their own FFP and leave everything the same for others, would they ?.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        To be fair, what will SQ do for the people who redeem miles as part of StarAlliance award? DL miles? UA miles? LH miles? BD miles? Are they going to have the low mileage requirement? Or SQ will block any I and O availability on 77W routing?

Star awards, as you know, have to be booked into I and O, so all they do is block that. It then auto excludes KF saver in J and F too. Non saver books into A and D, for which there is no mechanism for other *A carriers to "pay" with.

So that's what they'll do precisely. Block I and O on 77W routes.

Comment

Words cannot express my feelings... Looks like I've have to redeem my holidays ASAP

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
                              So that's what they'll do precisely. Block I and O on 77W routes.
                              So in other words, you have to bank with KF to redeem/upgrade with SQ on 77W/380 flights ? Nothing at all for other FFPs ?

I can see that's going to go down well with those who collect BD, UA, DL etc miles!

Comment

Working...
                              X