KE18 LAX - ICN 744 May 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KE18 LAX - ICN 744 May 2007

This was long way overdue to post the pictures.
    Check-in process was a bit slow. Yup, since I don't speak Korean, I think I have no idea what's going on, especially why pax went to the C class check-in without lining up. Thus took me longer to get served.
    But anyway, I decline the offer to go to the C lounge since I had to make several urgent phone calls which the reception of T-Mo near the check-in area was not really clear. Ended up standing near the curb.

The communication was not great during check-in. Would like to get the right hand side of the plane, but the agent kept saying it's a full flight. And there is no special line going through the security for me, thus took ages. And yeah, this young Korean girl got annoyed with me because I did not let her cut through my line, and she got annoyed more when I started to take out my liquids bag and laptop. She got punished by the TSA though. Yeah she did not take out her laptop from her computer bag. And yet she pretended she could not understand English while I knew exactly she spoke pretty good English to me when we had a bit argument.

And to my surprise, the flight was not full in C, and there were seats by the right hand side windows. But I kept my seat 8A because I did not have seat mate. Thus more room to spread out those stuff I brought along.

The crew was great. But I suspected because they saw my SQTalk.com tag as well as my SQ PPS tag, in addition that in the manifest I had a connection on SQ15 in F.

Anyhow, I enjoyed this flight much more, then the last time I was with DeltaFlyingProf.

To complete the report, I should repost again the menu and pictures here.

Lunch

Pre-Drink Starter
    Crab meat and sweet corn dip with sesame stick

Appetizer
    Selection of bay shrimp and scallop with grilled marinated vegetables

Soup
    New england clam chowder with herb and cheese crostini
    (offered with western entrees only)

Main Course

Grilled beef tenderloin with red wine shallot sauce served with fingerling potatoes and garden vegetables

Dessert
    Haagen-Dasz ice cream or tiramisu cake with strawberry sauce

Dinner

Salad
    Mesclun lettuce mix with pesto marinated baby mozarella and sunblushed tomato served with balsamico vinegar dressing

Main Course

Marinated beef short ribs "bulgalbi" served with egg fried rice abd fried mixed vegetables

Seasonal Fresh Fruit

I have no complaint about the food. Enjoyed them. Just the service was too rush. As well as the drink refills or offers are a bit too late. Unless the policy is to discourage people to drink so much except water.

Comment

And yes, here is the cabin pictures. Or more precisely, the seats and the IFE.

The interactive map viewing is very interesting. To have a real Korean experience, I watched two movies from Korea. One is that one background singer who happened to be huge, and later on had the slimming operations. I know I cried. So better for me to say it now, then one of the lurker here would testify. The second one is the Korean girl who fell in love to the goodlooking tall Korean American hunk! And yes, give me all the romance movies on board, and let me have one or two drinks, and I will need a box of tissue at least!

Hope you enjoy the pictures guys and gals!

Comment

Look at the red line on the IFE map - did the pilot get lost ?

Comment

Doesn't KE fly out of YVR? Why the need to re-route down to LAX?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Mile View Post
            LOL! Our dear CGK doesn't quite understand the concept of non-stop flights

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Originally posted by Kiwi Mile View Post
              LOL! Our dear CGK doesn't quite understand the concept of non-stop flights

Yes, I failed my geography!
              Anyway, I am a mileage junkie. So if I can earn more miles I would do it. In addition, KE out from YVR according to one of SQTalkers here the hardware might not be the new C seats. Thus, not as comfy as the one I took.

Comment

excuse the silly question but what is the red line showing??

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Look at the red line on the IFE map - did the pilot get lost ?
                  Originally posted by token01 View Post
                  excuse the silly question but what is the red line showing??
                  Since it had been couple months, I am not sure the answer. But I think as far as I remember, the green line shows the planned flight path, and the red line is the actual path that had been taken.
                  That's why in the first pic from LAX there is red line from when the aircrft coming to LAX.
                  And for heading towards ICN, you see the green line. The redline out from ICN I am sure is from the previous flight foing to LAX. And the aircraft may be coming from Europe. Thus, i don't think the pilot got lost!

Comment

great pictures cgk- although slightly disappointed that there are none of any stewardesses i have a weakness for cute korean girls

Comment

Working...
                    X