No announcement yet.

Trip report: SQ Y SIN-BKK-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very detailed report.....pics..pics.....

Comment

thank you for the pics wsss

Comment

Pleasure. Guys, I'm not done with the trip report yet.

Comment

SQ979 BKK-SIN Y

Proceeded to the money changer to change my Thai baht back to Singapore dollars. I had a rather good service at first, but things changed after that. The person smiled at first and gave me the usual Thai greeting, asked me what currency I want to change for. I said "Singapore dollar." She replied "Hong Kong dollar?" I repeated again, "Singapore dollar". She wasn't too happy after that and didn't said anything else except passing me the money. Not even a word of thank you.

I continued to wandered around in the airport, taking some pictures. Not long after, the final call for my flight SQ979 was issued. I proceeded to Concourse D for a security check with my family and the immigration officer did a thorough check on my hand luggage and everything that was to be brought onboard. As the plane was to depart in 15 minutes, the ground staff showed the final call placards to those queuing up at Concourse D. After passing through security check, my family and I boarded the plane. This time, there were people behind us, so we were not exactly the last. Walked passed the C cabin which was not full and proceeded to my seat. I sat at seat B, and the window seat was taken up by somebody else.

Shortly after settling down, the plane started to taxi towards the runway. I did not take any photos from the window, although the person seating beside me asked me I wanted to swap with her, I declined her offer. Food was served shortly after takeoff, since this flight was supposedly shorter (2 hours 5 minutes). I did not particularly like the service on this flight with the LSS ignoring my requests, making me rather unhappy (nicest way to put it, I feel like using something worse, but don't know whether it was inappropriate or not) with her. The other FA was slightly better but was way below that of the cabin crew ex-SIN. I turned on my KrisWorld, looked at flight path for a while, before deciding to watch a movie onboard. The aircraft registration was 9V-SYA, thus AVOD is not available. I was looking at the range of movies in the movie list, and settled for Wild Hogs since I haven't watched that yet. The show already started (that's why I dislike non-AVOD IFE systems) but never mind, just eight minutes. The LSS asked me what I would like to have, fish or chicken (as usual). I asked her whether I could take a look, she was reluctant, but relented in the end. I settled for the fish since I didn't find the chicken appetising. The fish was okay, though not to my standards. I had something much better (sweet and sour pork) on SQ67 (the old flight number for SQ979) with way better service. The dessert was inedible imo, compared to something pleasant last year. The salad was good though its some Thai-style curry? salad.

Continued to watch my movie and the LSS pushed the trolley serving passengers drinks. She asked what I want, I pondered for half a minute. Later, I said water but she simply ignored me. Shame on this particular LSS, what service do you have. I asked the other stewardess and she didn't give me my water, though she said "sure". How disappointing... I continued to watch my show but later felt sleepy. I was half asleep and was dozing off slowly. I decided to turn off KrisWorld and take a short nap. Dozed off and woke up 20 minutes before landing, feeling much better. The plane started to descend, and I took a look at the view from the window and saw the nightlights of Singapore, HDB flats, skyline, and the glaring spotlights at the Marina East golf course. The plane continued descending and it finally touched down at SIN. It taxied to Gate F41 for disembarkation and I saw T3 along the way, seeing some planes parked there (all SQ planes, except for 1 BA 744). T3 looks nice and I hope to travel from there when it opens next year, provided I go on somewhere far away from Singapore. It taxied along the flyover above Airport Boulevard and proceeded to the gate. When the plane came to a complete halt, everybody started to get up from their seats and waited to disembark. This marked the end of my holiday and I was back home safe and sound.

Proceeded to immigration after that and had my passport done in a minute or two. After that, went to Belt 35 to claim my baggage and that's the end of my trip report minus pics.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ168 View Post
            Nice photos and report WSSS, thanks for sharing! When was your trip? I was in BKK last month and the entrance door 5 was also closed for servicing
            18 June to 21 June. The High Flyer said Entrance 5 was closed since March, how long are they going to take to repair that entrance?

Comment

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
              18 June to 21 June. The High Flyer said Entrance 5 was closed since March, how long are they going to take to repair that entrance?
              Entrance 5 is probably a victim of the legacy of uncompleted/abandoned/delayed projects that plagued Suvarnabhumi during the construction phase.

By the way, what on earth was a British Airways 744 doing in T3?
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

I think they were doing some tests, saw them doing some maintenance work there.

Comment

Nice trip report! The airport of BKK looks quite good.

regards m
                  You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
                    The airport of BKK looks quite good.
                    Looks can be deceiving.
                    In this case the beauty is arguably not even skin deep...
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Your opinion of the so called nice airport will change when you visit the airport for the first time, its really not nice.

Comment

I have never been to Swarnabhumi...but Don Muang is a nice airport...very regional feel

Comment

Don Muang was rubbish to me, looks very 1980s. When saw it at first sight, I was disgusted.

BTW, what do you mean by regional feel?

Comment

Working...
                          X