Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first trip report to Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Royal Barge thing is a restaurant cum cultural performance venue right, SuperJonJon ?

I've visited Mandalay and Bagon too, and they are quite interesting too.

However, I would rate Siem Reap/Angkor Wat as a more awe-inspiring destination.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
      I think the Royal Barge thing is a restaurant cum cultural performance venue right, SuperJonJon ?

I've visited Mandalay and Bagon too, and they are quite interesting too.

However, I would rate Siem Reap/Angkor Wat as a more awe-inspiring destination.
      Yeah, that's correct Upright Man.

Siem Reap/Angkor Wat is the next destination on my list to visit, unfortunately I don't have any business there.

Any pics from there, Upright Man?

Comment

No, sorry SuperJonJon, I was there several years ago when I still used a film camera. Can show you printed photos next time we meet (KeithMEL SIN DO July 16-17 ?

I remember staying 3 nights at a Grand Hotel d'Angkor (fabulous) and seeing the major sights : Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm and the Bayon. To me Angkor is the greatest archeological site in Southeast Asia - Borobodur is the second (hope to go there some day).
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Nice trip report
          Yup...no champagne on board in Silk Air Business Class....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
            I took MI 516 to Yangon, it was a 2 hr 55 min flight from Changi. As it was less than 3 hours so there was no on board entertainment.

No aerobridge either.
            Hi, i was there last month, there was a lounge for MI & TG. of course it is not big

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, yauee.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by yauee View Post
                Hi, i was there last month, there was a lounge for MI & TG. of course it is not big
                Welcome to SQ Talk, yauee.

There was a lounge for MI? The person at check in told me there was no lounge! I will definitely write in to SilkAir.
                Last edited by SuperJonJon; 23 June 2007, 03:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to give a warm welcome

Comment

Welcome to SQ Talk, yauee.

There was a lounge for MI? The person at check in told me there was no lounge! I will definitely write in to SilkAir.
                  If my memory does not betray me, I am quite sure I saw the Silkair sticker on the window screen.during that time i was using TG. any way will be going again in August will take a look again.

Comment

Originally posted by yauee View Post
                    If my memory does not betray me, I am quite sure I saw the Silkair sticker on the window screen.during that time i was using TG. any way will be going again in August will take a look again.
                    I see. Anyway, welcome to SQTalk yauee.

Comment

Silkair station manager in Yangon has replied to inform me that MI now has a lounge in Yangon!

And their latest developments is that they will be using the aerobridges from 1st July.

Guess feedback does get things moving.

Comment

Good on ya!

Do post about the improvements after ** next trip.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

That's good. We hope to see something more pleasant the next time round.

Comment

I arrived in the old Yangon Internation Airport and departed from the new airport.
                            I don't get it. SilkAir uses the old airport upon arrival and the new one for departure?
                            My Cafe Adventures
                            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                              I don't get it. SilkAir uses the old airport upon arrival and the new one for departure?
                              Yeah, that was when the airport was not complete. Now the airport is complete so everything is going through the new airport.

Comment

Yeah, that was when the airport was not complete.
                                And they towed the aircraft from one airport to the next during the layover? That sounds like fun!
                                My Cafe Adventures
                                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X