Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first trip report to Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first trip report to Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)

I took MI 516 to Yangon, it was a 2 hr 55 min flight from Changi. As it was less than 3 hours so there was no on board entertainment.

Shwedagon Paya Temple from the air(The entire roof is covered in gold)

Yangon Internation Airport

Mid day snack?

Sedona Hotel, Yangon

View from my room at Sedona Hotel

Departure area of Yangon Internation Airport. No Lounge privileges here.

No aerobridge either.

Nice pics.

Any in-flight pics ?
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Nice report. Didn't they offer the dig-Eplayer ? I recall there was a threshold on flight time, but am not sure what it is.

Comment

9V-SBD that brought me to Myanmar

Business class lunch on MI is such a big difference compared to SQ. No champagne on board.

Royal barge from across the lake.

Royal barge up close.

9V-SLG that brought me back to Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Nice report. Didn't they offer the dig-Eplayer ? I recall there was a threshold on flight time, but am not sure what it is.
          Unfortunately, the cut off was 3 hours.

Ps. All pictures taken using Nokia N95.

Comment

Enjoyed the trip report thanks SuperJonJon, some great pics - also envious of the N95 but currently tied into an 18 month contract

Comment

Fantastic trip report - lots of colour.
              Thanks, SuperJonJon.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Was this a business trip, SuperJonJon? Was the business class food at least tasty, to compensate for the absence of champagne?

The pics did a great job of capturing key points in the journey.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Was this a business trip, SuperJonJon? Was the business class food at least tasty, to compensate for the absence of champagne?
                  Yeah, it was a business trip. Will try to visit Mandalay on my next trip to Myanmar. The food was nothing to write home about and I sure did miss the champagne.

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                  Enjoyed the trip report thanks SuperJonJon, some great pics - also envious of the N95 but currently tied into an 18 month contract
                  I know exactly how you feel, I traded in my old phone for the N95 on the very same day that my old contract ended.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    I know exactly how you feel, I traded in my old phone for the N95 on the very same day that my old contract ended.
                    That's what I'm planning to do when the time comes! May have to do a repeat performance of my FRA trip and camp out overnight in front of the mobile phone shop

Comment

Tsk tsk tsk...one should be sober while on business trip. SuperJonJon, is the Royal Barge a tourist attraction? Seemed you got pretty close to it.

Saw your frist aiport pic and thought of it being devoid of aerobridge but later pics shows the presence. So, not that 'less developed' after all.

Would you consider going back as a vacation spot?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                        Tsk tsk tsk...one should be sober while on business trip.
                        That was the return flight, which could have been on a Friday evening. Besides ... one glass gets you tipsy?
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

That was the return flight, which could have been on a Friday evening. Besides ... one glass gets you tipsy?
                          [Scooby laugh]
                          He he he..who stops at one glass ?
                          [/Scooby laugh]

Comment

NICE Thanks SuperJonJon

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              Tsk tsk tsk...one should be sober while on business trip. SuperJonJon, is the Royal Barge a tourist attraction? Seemed you got pretty close to it.

Saw your frist aiport pic and thought of it being devoid of aerobridge but later pics shows the presence. So, not that 'less developed' after all.

Would you consider going back as a vacation spot?
                              Well, would you believe that my job requires me to drink frequently? As part of a "market visit" to understand the freshness of the product.

I arrived in the old Yangon Internation Airport and departed from the new airport. Unfortunately SilkAir does not use the aerobridges still but TG does . And no lounge privilege or priority boarding.

I would go back to Myanmar for a vacation to explore the other cities(Mandalay) but not to Yangon.

Comment

Working...
                              X