No announcement yet.

$200 short of PPS membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SGD83 short. And currently grounded to renew my Chinese work and residence permit. My second passport doesn't unground me as the Chinese authorities do not really like it.

If I understand correctly, in June any PPS value accrued in June 2011 will be 'lost', so I will be about SGD2200 short. Is it month by month or day to day? I might just get my passport back in time if it is day by day to qualify in early June. If not I will fly enough in the next two months to qualify anyway.

It would be nice to be recognized as PPS early. I have no forward bookings done yet, just dates in mind. Should I give it try and ask?
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
      I am SGD83 short. And currently grounded to renew my Chinese work and residence permit. My second passport doesn't unground me as the Chinese authorities do not really like it.

If I understand correctly, in June any PPS value accrued in June 2011 will be 'lost', so I will be about SGD2200 short. Is it month by month or day to day? I might just get my passport back in time if it is day by day to qualify in early June. If not I will fly enough in the next two months to qualify anyway.

It would be nice to be recognized as PPS early. I have no forward bookings done yet, just dates in mind. Should I give it try and ask?
      Call and explain the situation to PPS. They might be able to give you an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
        Early re-qual applies when you've gone past $25k several months before the end of your year, not when you're technically short.

Nonetheless, a phone call is the best strategy.

Comment

Considered doing a turnaround or a weekend trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Call and explain the situation to PPS. They might be able to give you an extension.
            Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Early re-qual applies when you've gone past $25k several months before the end of your year, not when you're technically short.

Nonetheless, a phone call is the best strategy.
            Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
            Considered doing a turnaround or a weekend trip?
            Many thanks for the input! It's not a requal per se, it's a requal after five years. So, no PPS coordinator to contact and I'm not sure who to call. And yes, I would be flying if I could. Cannot leave China without a passport with visa/residence permit though.
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Quick update. KF got back to me last night. They informed me that with my upcoming flights at the end of June, I will qualify for PPS. That would make my qualification period 13 months, not twelve...but once again, I am not gonna complain. Sounded like standard practice though, which surprised me a little.
              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Just received the e-mail confirming PPS status. Qualification period was indeed 13 months. Still not sure why...
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Finally received my PPS pack today...nice surprise, card states QPP2 and I received the renewal vouchers even after not flying enough for the past years.
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

I am SGD 134 short , first of all they extended 3 months for me ( 15 months ) and we will see if they continue to loved me

Comment

Haha, just fly to SIN and back

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Haha, just fly to SIN and back
                        How u doin.. any plan to visit your southern neighbour ?

Just got it today

Comment

All good here, say hi again when you're in town!

Comment

I need advise from the experts. I am about $200 short for PPS requalification. I have a return J class trip coming up so I assume that I will requalify after the first leg which is > $200 PPS $ and the second leg PPS $ goes into Reserve Value?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                              I need advise from the experts. I am about $200 short for PPS requalification. I have a return J class trip coming up so I assume that I will requalify after the first leg which is > $200 PPS $ and the second leg PPS $ goes into Reserve Value?

TIA
                              Correct. Even the value of the first leg above the required $200 will go towards the RV .... unless you also qualify for Solitaire, in which case say bye bye to all your RV.

Comment

Thanks CarbonMan.

I was unsure as when I first qualified for PPS, none of my first leg remaining $1,500 PPS $ went to the RV even though I was only $500 short. Only the second leg full amount of $2,000 went to RV so I guess they take everything for first time qualification.

Comment

Working...
                                X