PPS Value has appeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Value has appeared!

PPS value now has appeared on my PPS statement. By the look of it, SQ is actually quite fair in crediting the PPS value. However, I would feel more comfortable to see that I am still 25 pps sectors away from requal than S$ 25,000 away.

It is interesting to learn that I spent just a little over 3 times the new qualification S$ value in the last 12 months.

So the PPS Value is amount spent for the last 12 months?

Comment

Looks like it's since requal.

Comment

It's since requal but they appear to have calculated PPS values for my previous PPS year, e.g. the values of all my SQ RTW sectors are shown.

Comment

I received my PPS changes letter from SQ yesterday. I haven't read it in detail but it seems to say that if I don't meet the PPS requirements (old or new), I'll drop to either KF silver or KF gold depending on my EQM. NOT that I'll drop to nothing if I don't even have 25,000 EQM. I assume this is just a drafting error!

Comment

My F fare SIN-BKK return and J fare SIN-MNL return, both bought from the website, did reflect the translation of S$1 = 1 unit of PPS Value. Unfortunately, I no longer have the price I paid for previous Raffles tickets to check whether my flights from LHR had the same translation.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think their value computation is totally whacky!!!
              If I understood what I read about IATA rules about fare distribution on multiple carrier tickets, the distribution is proportional to mileage. It becomes rather doubtful that on a return ticket with the same fare both ways, SIN-CMB appears with a value of 1400$ while the CMB-SIN is valued at 876$.
              Better still, SIN-CMB has value ranging between 281$ and 1400$ on various tickets! I do not think that my tickets and prices ranging by a factor 5 while the itineraries have all been very similar...

Comment

Eeek... the figure is scary, even if it's a fair way off the S$25 000 mark. I didn't think I spent that much on travel. And it doesn't even include economy class tickets or tickets on other airlines.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                  It is interesting to learn that I spent just a little over 3 times the new qualification S$ value in the last 12 months.
                  SQ doesn't love me.
                  My PPS sectors is only in average valued at S$500.
                  My PPS miles is worth only 33 cents per mile.

There is one thing I don't get it though. My ICN-SIN on SQ 15 F has different PPS Values.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    SQ doesn't love me.
                    My PPS sectors is only in average valued at S$500.
                    My PPS miles is worth only 33 cents per mile.

There is one thing I don't get it though. My ICN-SIN on SQ 15 F has different PPS Values.
                    Looking at individual flights entries in my statement, I noted that one single return trip (ie same ticket), my SQ F LHR-SIN and SQ F SIN-LHR have different $PPS value. Strange.

Comment

the same is for me... the amount is not correct if i compare tham to my tickets
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I believe that they downrate the value of the segment depending on how long you where int he lounge and by the amount of glasses of Dom/Krug drunk prior to boarding.

-A

Comment

on a MXP-SIN-AKL paid in July, SQ value SIN-AKL is 2,5 times MXP-SIN
                          There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                          If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I thnk SQ realized that it is impossible or impractical to calculate PPS Value using the interline settlement value, which may take several months. Instead, SQ programmed the system to use "best guess" as to what the value would be. Looking through my statement, some of the PPS Values are close to actual fare paid , while some others are pretty far off. Overall, those errors may net out and result in PPS Value close to the actual fare paid. Now, if someone could find out a consistant way to get more PPS Value out of the same fare paid.....

Comment

Originally posted by ph-ndr View Post
                              I believe that they downrate the value of the segment depending on how long you where int he lounge and by the amount of glasses of Dom/Krug drunk prior to boarding.

-A
                              That's the most lucid explanation of PPS Value I've seen so far ...

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                              I thnk SQ realized that it is impossible or impractical to calculate PPS Value using the interline settlement value, which may take several months. Instead, SQ programmed the system to use "best guess" as to what the value would be. Looking through my statement, some of the PPS Values are close to actual fare paid , while some others are pretty far off. Overall, those errors may net out and result in PPS Value close to the actual fare paid. ...
                              although TerryK's explanation gets a very close second.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X