VIE-FRA-SFO in LH F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIE-FRA-SFO in LH F

Just if you are interested in how the service of LH is. As I don't see any trip reports of LH so far I thought it would be a good idea.
    http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ad.main/97201/

best regards m
    Last edited by hon2; 16 July 2007, 10:36 PM.
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Lovely trip report, hon2. Makes me look forward to my trip in December.

Does "Grossmutters Kueche" (sorry, I don't have German special characters on my keyboard) refer to specific meals on LH, or was it a promotion at that time? What a cute name for the selection.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think it was just a special promotion as it was christmas time, Usually it's called salad bar or something like this. Grossmutters Kueche is related to traditional German food.

regards m

Comment

Thanks for sharing the report.
        I remember seeing other LH F experiences here. But may be I am wrong.

Two points I have to make though. I don't know why many flyers would prefer to go to FC check-in counter first, then driven out to FCT? Well, I guess I am the exception. I walk to FCT.
        I remembered I was able to take pictures at FCT. I also have seen others had done it before. May be when you are there, it was crowded, thus the dragon wanted to keep privacy of other pax? Well, definitely pictures of the bath with yellow rubber duck would be able to be taken, unless the dragon has a security cam all over the FCT.

Note: Looks like you have to invite me to be your guest at FCT in December, jjpb3.

Comment

How do you walk to the FCT? There is no walkway or anything similiar. Just a road, which is used by cars!!!!
          The first time I've been there I was able to take some pics but when I bought a CANON 1DMKIIIN it's quite impossible. And so far I remember it was rush hour in the FCT, so they didn't want others to be disturbed.

Comment

Thanks for sharing - much appreciated... for privacy reasons, I noted your BP pictures have your name...

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
              How do you walk to the FCT? There is no walkway or anything similiar. Just a road, which is used by cars!!!!
              As you notice, I am a shy and naive. Thus, walking along the road would be better for me. Of course if just carry-on would be swell. But with the heavy suitcases it would be impractical to walk along the sidewalk from the Terminal A door towards the FCT. (Note: Unless FRA had been rearranged and renovated. I did those walks when FCT just opened couple years ago).
              Hoping to do the same in December as the guest of jjpb3.

Comment

Cheers for the link.

There are reports of LH F on SQTalk however. For example, certain BKK-FRA-BKK flights that occurred in Dec 06.

Navigate your way INTERNALLY to concourse A. Get out of the terminal, turn left and straight through on the pavement. Cross the road when you are opposite the FCT. Not hard. I didn't remember if i jaywalked or there was an actual pedestrian crossing.

Saves 15 minutes of drinking time over going back to F check in desks and waiting for a Merc to be organised.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 17 July 2007, 01:30 AM. Reason: i hate spelling properly
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Note: Looks like you have to invite me to be your guest at FCT in December, jjpb3.
                  Any time, my dear, any time. The only requirement is that you join me in praying to different gods so that there isn't any delay for my LHR-FRA flight that day.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Navigate your way INTERNALLY to concourse A. Get out of the terminal, turn left and straight through on the pavement. Cross the road when you are opposite the FCT. Not hard. I didn't remember if i jaywalked or there was an actual pedestrian crossing.

Saves 15 minutes of drinking time over going back to F check in desks and waiting for a Merc to be organised.
                    That would be a consideration for me as well.

hon2, in your experience, how long does it take from the time you request the transfer and the time your driver shows up?

Comment

but when I bought a CANON 1DMKIIIN it's quite impossible. A

Wow... I'm behind time. There's an N version for the 1D Mk III already?

Comment

@SQF Oh, I'm sorry it was supposed to be 1DMKIIN.

@jjpb3 It takes about 5minutes

regards m

Comment

hon2 great report and photos mate

i have to get around trying this FCT with the vast amount of things ive herd - problem is im usually flying the sin - fra in J n the biggest problem is that since i connect to or from dublin hardly any time in between - in fact for the dublin leaving, its a good effort to make the plane lol

cheers for the report mate hope to see the posts flowing from u

Comment

great pics hon2. just flew from sfo to lax yesterday and i miss san francisco alrighty. you really did a good job of capturing the beauty of the city. =)

Comment

I can totally understand you taipeiflyer. San Francisco is a great city.

Comment

Working...
                              X