Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the positive response to my trip report

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Probably because SQOZflyer would prefer not to (potentially) incriminate North Korean citizens, in case being in a picture that is publicly posted would be taken negatively by the regime?
    That's in fact true There are actually 2 reasons:

1) Protect the Koreans, myself and my fellow travellers... we had to sign a document prior to entering DPRK which says it's prohibitited to publicise any pics of the trip...(includes posting them on the web)... otherwise might face legal consequences (not sure where and on which basis though) blah blah blah ... highly unlikely you get sued in any case though...

2) Some people who have privileged access to DPRK helped us with this tour and I don't want to endanger their work by revealing the exact dates of my trip... After all there are not hordes of tourists in DPRK and a limited number of tours per year, thus it would be potentially easy for DPRK officials to identify the tour dates from ppl in the pics and places visited... that's also the reason why I can't post some pics sorry

All this self-censorship sounds probably highly paranoid, but I guess everybody gets a bit parano after a stay in DPRK... which I highly recommend though... it's definitely THE last place to experience the "Eastern Bloc"-feel with (presumably) bugs in hotel rooms, suspicious sunglass-wearing people creeping around you etc...

I can recommed the following literature to anyone interessted in DPRK:

Charlie Crane: Welcome to Pyongyang
    Soon Ok Lee: Eyes of the tailless animals
    Kang Chol-Hwan: The Aquariums of Pyongyang, Ten years in the North Korean Gulag
    Guy Delisle: A journey in North Korea
    Last edited by SQOZflyer; 11 June 2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Probably because SQOZflyer would prefer not to (potentially) incriminate North Korean citizens, in case being in a picture that is publicly posted would be taken negatively by the regime?
      There have been many reports/documentaries shown around the world where the lives of ordinary North Korean citizens were shown, with the faces uncensored. Perhaps the journalists/broadcasters had received prior permission from the government?
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
      X