No announcement yet.

The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to identify all the cockpit crew (except the captain), if someone knows their names please shoot me a PM. Thanks. The same would be much appreciated for cabin crew that haven't previously been mentioned in this thread.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Just noticed that flight SQ748 was docked at gate B7 + baggage carousel was 47. B747.
      I think they should have used SQ744 instead of SQ748.

9V-SIA : Thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKF View Post
        I think they should have used SQ744 instead of SQ748.

9V-SIA : Thank you very much.
        744 is not very auspicious for the Hong Kong Cantonese!

Comment

• Dear All,

I rarely stop by here, but i felt this was absolutely necessary to say thank you all -and thank you Singapore Airlines- for what is one of my favorite events of all time. I know i have met some of you on board, and i am sure i mingled with many more too. It was one big party that i just wished would never end.

Once upon a time, i was an avid non-supporter, but today, and thanks to SQ747, i think i am evolving into something otherwise. The beautiful SQ girls, the great food, the swift in-flight service, the immaculate aircraft, the great legroom in Y class, and everything else in between that came nothing short of perfectly polished, how could i not resist?

It is somewhat saddening to see one less airline operating the mighty jumbo, but no one could show their token of appreciation for it in the way Singapore Airlines has.

Thank you SIA Journeys, and thank you to all the SQ fans

Cheers,
          Roni (ronerone from the 'other' side)

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
            744 is not very auspicious for the Hong Kong Cantonese!
            That's true.

Anyway guys, my return trip report on SQ748 is completed. Just a simple trip report, hope you guys enjoy.

http://charlesryan77w.blogspot.com/2...-412-last.html

Comment

That's true.

Anyway guys, my return trip report on SQ748 is completed. Just a simple trip report, hope you guys enjoy.

Great report! Cool! I believe you are one of the guys who asked me if I was on 2F and if it would be OK for you to take pictures of that seat. Good to have met you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronerone View Post
                Dear All,

I rarely stop by here, but i felt this was absolutely necessary to say thank you all -and thank you Singapore Airlines- for what is one of my favorite events of all time. I know i have met some of you on board, and i am sure i mingled with many more too. It was one big party that i just wished would never end.

Once upon a time, i was an avid non-supporter, but today, and thanks to SQ747, i think i am evolving into something otherwise. The beautiful SQ girls, the great food, the swift in-flight service, the immaculate aircraft, the great legroom in Y class, and everything else in between that came nothing short of perfectly polished, how could i not resist?

It is somewhat saddening to see one less airline operating the mighty jumbo, but no one could show their token of appreciation for it in the way Singapore Airlines has.

Thank you SIA Journeys, and thank you to all the SQ fans

Cheers,
                Roni (ronerone from the 'other' side)

Welcome Roni - love your trip reports !

Comment

That's true.

Nice TR!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                    What kind of sorcery is this?
                    I like tomato sorce

Comment

• Hihi, I am new to SQTalk, and wanted to share some photos from SQ 748 last Friday:
                      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=ce74569c3c

Let me know if you have trouble viewing the album, and I can change the FB permissioning if needed.

Please also let me know if you spot any incorrect information in the captions. I'm pretty sure I've spelt the part of the name of the Chief Steward in photo number 29 wrong, and hope that one of you might be able to help. Similarly, if you think there is any information (e.g. crew names, aircraft details, etc.) missing, please let me know.

Viraj, I was the guy with the M9-P on the upper deck. The reference in the penultimate photo of the album is to you.

Lastly, please feel free to share this link with your friends.

I look forward to participating more on SQTalk in the future!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        Great report! Cool! I believe you are one of the guys who asked me if I was on 2F and if it would be OK for you to take pictures of that seat. Good to have met you!

Nope, that wasn't me but yes it was nice to meet up with you too.

Milehighj: Thank you.

Comment

• Just getting the chance to read these blogs and TR's and look at all the pictures, as well as watch the various news/TV reports....there is some fabulous stuff around!.

Comment

• I wonder why nothing was mentioned about the record breaking 27 bottles

Comment

• Originally posted by TFSQ View Post
                              Hihi, I am new to SQTalk, and wanted to share some photos from SQ 748 last Friday:
                              http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=ce74569c3c

Let me know if you have trouble viewing the album, and I can change the FB permissioning if needed.

Please also let me know if you spot any incorrect information in the captions. I'm pretty sure I've spelt the part of the name of the Chief Steward in photo number 29 wrong, and hope that one of you might be able to help. Similarly, if you think there is any information (e.g. crew names, aircraft details, etc.) missing, please let me know.

Viraj, I was the guy with the M9-P on the upper deck. The reference in the penultimate photo of the album is to you.

Excellent pics, Terence. Very well taken! Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by TFSQ View Post
                                Hihi, I am new to SQTalk, and wanted to share some photos from SQ 748 last Friday:

Welcome to SQTalk TFSQ Glad to see you here, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Some absolutely superb photos of the cabin crew at work along with great scenes of passengers and crew sharing their stories, the composition of these photos is fabulous. In photo 14, the LS posing with the bottle of DP was for a photo I was taking.
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X