X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-LHR-SIN SQpremium economy or other airlines PE

Dear all masters, sifu, frequent flyers

I will be making a trip to LHR in oct 2018

I am now doing some research on PE on SQ as I never tried it.

I am not sure shld I take SQ PE or any other airline's PE to LHR

I hope to hear some feedback or past experience from anyone of u,

million thanks

sirgoldencircle, can you qualify with whether you like to fly direct or do you mind a stopover. Is cost part of your decision-making? Or is timing the priority.

Comment

actually , I prefer a PM departure from SIN as I will be having my next flight from LHR-Reykjavik, but the flight to Reykjavik is 1++ noon.

I don't mind stop over as long as I can catch my BA noon flight to Reykjavik

cost I am ok with it as long as it is not over SGD 3K++~~~~~

Comment

Hello sirgoldencircle...

On the SIN-LHR sector, SQ Premium Economy on the A380 is very comfortable, and nice step up from Economy. The 77WR has the same PEY seat as the A380, and looks to be a good product too.

I did a trip report on it here (Nowadays they don't give out a Fast Track card to PEY passengers, but the rest of the TR should still reflect the current PEY product). There are other trip reports on SQ PEY in the Trip Report folder too.

Are you looking at Star Alliance only to London? If you are open to Oneworld carriers, BA has a good PEY product on their A380 and 77W, and my favourite PEY is actually Qantas PEY on the A380.

Comment

Having tried SQ's PEY and Qantas PEY, I would agree that Qantas PEY is better and especially in the meal service.

Comment

I am KFG status, i am quite dilemma as in to get KF miles, or trying out something from my usual "comfort zone"...which is SQ.

i have check on Qantas PE, and BA PE. Among all, Qantas is the most expensive, but Qantas PE is rated the world best PE (i am not sure is it really that good).

BA, i read from some write ups, their service seems like below par and also i rarely see Qantas PE trip reports or BA PR trip reports.

Thats why i decided to get more opinions from you all here.

Comment

Well LOT will be starting flights to Singapore later in summer, and you could try them if you don't mind a stop in Warsaw. Their premium economy tickets go for 2.1K, so quite some savings over SQ. IFE and Service probably worse than SQ. Their catering, from the reports I see look quite good.

LOT is in star alliance so you get your KF miles too.

Comment

Qantas is offering the best PE. I have taken them twice and was both times very pleasantly surprised. Wines and food from Biz, dedicated crew, very comfy seat. Worth the extra dollar.

Comment

some airlines offer premium economy as J- (example QF) while others offer it as Y+ (like SQ).

Comment

Also QF and BA more likely to bump you up rather than down if oversold.

Comment

how about MH? $3068 in J return..if the fare class is available.

Comment

recently someone told me to go for MH, J as its pricing almost same as SQ PE, but I have checked, the date I wanted was not having a good pricing

I am flying out on 1st oct and return on 12th oct

now I saw the best pricing for PE is BA

still not yet decide which as I will be taking the next flight LHR - RVK,

I have another question, I have 2 BA flight option to RVK , one is 9.30am flight, another is 1pm flight

if I take SQ , will I able to catch the BA 9.30am flight as my bags unable to tag all the way to RVK ???

If I take BA, I think my flight can able to tag all the way to RVK but BA is not my primary preference....kekekeke

Comment

Working...
                        X