BA Tier Points Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA Tier Points Question

Right now, my blue membership shows 65 more TP to get silver, and expiry date for my membership 8 Apr 2007. My questions are,

- If I can't get 65 more sectors by 8APR, will all the current points earned gone?
    - My first flight that got me TP was in 10 June 2006. Will I have till 9 June 2007 to complete the silver requirement?

Thank you!

(1) Yes because your tier points are re-set at one of two points:
    - When your membership year ends
    - When you are promoted to the next level

(2) I don't think so. I think it's your membership year that matters. Within the 12-month cycle set by your membership year, you have to get 4 tier point-eligible flights. This is why it's best to join when you're about to take a flight eligible for tier points. But I may be wrong about this. Perhaps jhm will know the definitive answer?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Wow... Hmm now back to the plan board. I guess I have to earn 65 TP very very soon. All the flights I have right now are on *A up to 8APR.

Any sugesstion to get 65 points? Will not be able to do LHR-FRA-LHR on I fares right now. Well I will be in SIN twice with long layover. But a turnaround on CX SIN-BKK-SIN is not possible though...
      Last edited by CGK; 11 March 2007, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Any chance you're around the Middle East soon?
        You can do BAH-DOH on BA WTP for 75 TP one way. Do it in F and you get 180. And Club gets 120. Not bad for a 93 mile flight.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 11 March 2007, 02:36 AM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          Any chance you're around the Middle East soon?
          You can do BAH-DOH on BA WTP for 75 TP one way. Do it in F and you get 180. And Club gets 120. Not bad for a 93 mile flight.
          I have been asked many times about this runs. But can't do this at the moment.
          I have to squeeze in something in my current trip end of the month.

Comment

How about a 4-segment mileage run on AA within the US, making sure you book at least an H-fare? That would get you at least 80 TPs.

Or shift your *A flights and take WTP when you come to London. You'll get 75 TPs on YVR-LHR, and you'll start renewing your Silver on the way back.

Comment

AA in Y in domestic US?
              Well for YVR-LHR, I would not be able to connect to noon flight ex-LHR. And BA fares is much higher than the UA fares I have paid with confirmed upgrades to C.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                AA in Y in domestic US?
                Why not? Consider it as a rehearsal.

You could always buy business class tickets as well, and then you just need to do 2 segments on AA. How about overnighting in LA [YVR-SFO(AS)-LAX(AA)]? I heard you have good friends over there.

Comment

CGK, the best bet I see for you is the US run, though not a cheap as the MR that we talked about...but those will need you to get there, which has a time / cost element to it.

Given your location and you being short of time, you should do the US runs as suggested by jjpb3.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    (2) I don't think so. I think it's your membership year that matters. Within the 12-month cycle set by your membership year, you have to get 4 tier point-eligible flights. This is why it's best to join when you're about to take a flight eligible for tier points. But I may be wrong about this. Perhaps jhm will know the definitive answer?
                    You're right. It is the membership year that matters. So CGK needs a flight before 8th April.

P.S. CGK: Hope you've got 4 flights on BA metal as part of your qualifying flights. If not, even if you earn the required TPs, your status will never be upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by AJLondon View Post
                      You're right. It is the membership year that matters. So CGK needs a flight before 8th April.

P.S. CGK: Hope you've got 4 flights on BA metal as part of your qualifying flights. If not, even if you earn the required TPs, your status will never be upgraded.
                      Thank you, my dear AJ.
                      I did have 4 segments in BA.

Comment

I did have 4 segments in BA.
                        Phew!

Comment

Originally posted by AJLondon View Post
                          Phew!
                          I am proud with one segment in Y...

Comment