SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Imagine flying on a 20 year old SIA plane in a couple of years. Must be the first time SQ uses its planes for so long, although its likely that these old planes will fly more regional routes but it will be more costly as it uses more fuel and the plane is heavy for regional flights.
    I have flown SVB and its great with the newer seats and IFE.

Comment

• yes do agree on the seat comfort on the older 777s and also nosier cabin. The new A350s and 787s are smaller in terms of width in all classes I believe, and economy is worse due to the smaller width of the aircrafts and having 9 seats across, and even the aisles are narrower.

Comment

• Where is SQ392/1 going with all this delay? SVE goes to Ist regularly doesn't it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
          Where is SQ392/1 going with all this delay? SVE goes to Ist regularly doesn't it ?
          All 6 of the remaining SVs go to IST.

Btw, anyone has any knowledge as to whether SQL has the newer stuff after its recent time away?

Comment

• SQL is back in service while mainly miles claim that it is going off.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
              SQL is back in service while mainly miles claim that it is going off.
              Looks like SQ is keeping them for much longer... network expansion or??

Comment

• doubt if its so much for expansion, but the new orders of A350s and 787s and delivery is still not sufficient to replace the older 772s altho some have been withdrawn from service. I feel that SIA should have extended the leases for some of the A330s instead of returning the few A330s, as to replace the older 772s which are used now for short and regional flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  doubt if its so much for expansion, but the new orders of A350s and 787s and delivery is still not sufficient to replace the older 772s altho some have been withdrawn from service. I feel that SIA should have extended the leases for some of the A330s instead of returning the few A330s, as to replace the older 772s which are used now for short and regional flights.
                  Think the 772 are owned? So they will just use it as long as it can, rather than paying the lease fee for A330 as these 772 must have been fully depreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    Think the 772 are owned? So they will just use it as long as it can, rather than paying the lease fee for A330 as these 772 must have been fully depreciated.
                    All of them are - the leased ones have gone. Meanwhile all A330s are leased.
                    Last edited by SQ957; 28 November 2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• It’s very likely that SVM has left the fleet.
                      Hasn’t flown for three weeks and the December SilverKris magazine lists “12” B777-200s in the fleet (which will be 7x 772Rs and 5x 77Es)

Still expecting to also bid farewell to SVJ SVN in the current financial year.

Comment

• Got notified of seat change for SQ951 departing June next year.
                        Seat config was 2-2-2 in business, but now is 1-2-1. Equipment is still the same:772
                        A retirement for regional 772 is imminent?

Comment

• Withe the first 2 A350R coming in this month and a number more to come in next year together with the 787 Regionals, SIA could retire a few even up to 6 772s next year - but think SIA will keep 2 or 3 of the oldest as they had their D checks and good for another 2 years plus. And there be a few A330s leaving the fleet next year.

Comment

• Just got off SQL on SQ871 and i can confirm that despite its 5 weeks out of service, it has NOT been refitted with the 2006Y.

However, strangely enough it feels as if they repaired everything in the cabin... the tray tables seem new...the seat fabric seem fresh and cleaned. the toilets...all new parts installed (i.e. the same old components but new pieces of them). Possibly just a cheap way to keep the old cabin looking fresh enough to last another year.

I think it's quite likely that by the end of FY19/20, we'll be seeing only 3xSV series and 3xRegionals remaining - the ones that have been fitted with the 2006Y.

Comment

• Was on SVC and SVE in the last week. I don't see any problem with the 2006 seats. Spacious cabin and massive washrooms that you can actually walk around in, both relics of the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by kai89 View Post
                                Was on SVC and SVE in the last week. I don't see any problem with the 2006 seats. Spacious cabin and massive washrooms that you can actually walk around in, both relics of the past.
                                Yeah if you get one that's had the 2006 products put in then it's really fine. The problem is that they assign the planes interchangeably so someone booking a flight to IST for example, has no idea whether they'll get the 2006 product on the day or the ancient one. I agree though, that as long as my seat and IFE is fine I really don't care if the plane itself is 18 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X