Frankfurt and Manhattan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankfurt and Manhattan?

In June, I will have a day in Frankfurt, and a day in Manhattan...any suggestions on things to eat/do?

The reason I am in those places is that I have meetings in Munich and San Francisco. Short of making two separate trips ex-Singapore, one to Munich and another trip to San Francisco, it turns out that the most cost effective way to do this in Y, believe it or not, is to do an open jaw SIN-FRA-JFK and SFO-SIN on SQ, and plug the gaps i.e. FRA-MUC return and JFK-SFO one way with cheap tickets from LH and UA respectively. Who would have known! (Maybe the travel guru's on this forum have other ideas...).

In any case, suggestions for a good meal/activity in either Frankfurt or Manhattan would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you're into cars, take a day trip out to the 'Ring for a taxi ride of your lifetime

Dates are limited

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...-taxi/faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      If you're into cars, take a day trip out to the 'Ring for a taxi ride of your lifetime

Dates are limited

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...-taxi/faq.html
      Thanks for sharing this link, 9V-JKL! It looks like quite a ride! I must admit that it wasn't what I expected when I clicked the link...I was expecting some sort of taxi service, but this is far from it ! I would definitely give it a shot if the opportunity arose...

Comment

Just thought I'd mention that for JFK-SFO you should consider flying Virgin America. They do a pretty good deal where you can book the lowest price ticket and 6 hours before your flight (if you're not an Elevate member) pay US$299 to upgrade to VX's first class. I did that recently and it was a very good experience. Plus you get SQ mileage too.

In New York - do grab a shake shack burger at Madison Square Park, or for finer dining... I'd recommend Daniel at E65th.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
          Just thought I'd mention that for JFK-SFO you should consider flying Virgin America. They do a pretty good deal where you can book the lowest price ticket and 6 hours before your flight (if you're not an Elevate member) pay US$299 to upgrade to VX's first class. I did that recently and it was a very good experience. Plus you get SQ mileage too.

In New York - do grab a shake shack burger at Madison Square Park, or for finer dining... I'd recommend Daniel at E65th.
          Thanks for the suggestions, kelvgoh!

I didn't see Virgin America pop up on my corporate travel booking website, but I will look out for it if I ever fly that route. That said, I got a good deal on UA, with a non-refundable Y ticket at SGD 298 one-way.

Will keep Shake Shack and Daniel in mind as eating options!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
            In any case, suggestions for a good meal/activity in either Frankfurt or Manhattan would be appreciated.
            In Frankfurt, I'd head for an apfelwein tavern (cider house). Communal tables and benches, large jugs of the local cider (slightly tart in taste) and hearty local food. Most of the best known ones are located in Sachenhausen in the south of the city - only a few metro stops away from the main train station, e.g.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...urt_Hesse.html

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              In Frankfurt, I'd head for an apfelwein tavern (cider house). Communal tables and benches, large jugs of the local cider (slightly tart in taste) and hearty local food. Most of the best known ones are located in Sachenhausen in the south of the city - only a few metro stops away from the main train station, e.g.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...urt_Hesse.html
              Thanks, jhm!

On a previous trip to Frankfurt many years back, I was there on a Saturday morning, I believe, where they had a farmers' market in the middle of a square in the city, with lots of food (sausages, cheese, etc) and wines by the glass available at very reasonable prices.

Comment

Working...
              X