X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Morning Glory"

Interesting name for a FFP

Comment

Just something to share with you folks, I have just redeemed return tix (SIN-NRT) for April on SkyMiles, which is a very good bargain for 40,000 miles + S$68.10 for Business Class.

Comparison between redeeming on SkyMiles vs Krisflyer for SIN-NRT-SIN
      =========================================

SkyMiles:
      40,000 miles (Business class - 772LR Fully-Flat Seat)
      Taxes: S$68.10

Krisflyer (on Saver award):
      59,500 miles (Business class - A330-300 Angled Flat Seat)
      Taxes: S$68.10
      Carrier Surcharges: S$208.80

Plus, something which I have found to be useful on SkyMiles, as they peg the mileage required for redemption to 3 tiers (low peak, peak and super peak), if you want to use the least mileage possible to redeem a ticket, you will have to keep checking their calendar to see if your desired date is categorised as low-peak.

In the event you spot the dates you fancy at the low-peak tier but may not wish to book instantly, you have the option to RESERVE the itinerary for around 5 days, which means you can take your time to decide before they cancel the itinerary.

Comment

I actually like the Skymiles Program and found redemptions value for money on KE. It also seems more likely that Jet Airways will be joining Skyteam rather than Star Alliance.

Comment

cmy, do they have F on that route? Tempted to throw a few miles for an F SIN-NRT flight

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            cmy, do they have F on that route? Tempted to throw a few miles for an F SIN-NRT flight
            nope, it's a 2-class config. I read somewhere that it might be possible to ask to take a photo of the cockpit after landing, will try that if I can!

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
              Another idea is China Southern, which is in SkyTeam. I'm glad KE is in SkyTeam, but their award (including upgrade apparently) blackout dates amount to about half of the year
              MSPeconomist, have you ever considered banking your DL miles into CI's DFP? About five years ago, when DL started partnering with CI on miles, I started crediting them into the DFP. It made better sense of pooling the DL miles I was earning out of my domestic HNL-ATL and HNL-ATL-LGA flights that way.

I was also a NW WP member too back in the day, but even when I was elite, didn't find much use for their miles except for the odd continental US redemnption. I do miss flying thru their MEM hub with the Tennessee bbq outlets (and ever since CO switched to *A, also miss flying DL thru their ATL hub with the soul food outlet )
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

It's quite tempting, plus the 25% bonus for citimiles conversion

Comment

cmy, ex-SIN, or BKK, or close by, is there anything with F redemptions on DL with such attractive redemption rates?

Comment

cmy, ex-SIN, or BKK, or close by, is there anything with F redemptions on DL with such attractive redemption rates?
                    I'm not very sure, but I'm afraid not. I believe most if not all flights have to go through NRT from SIN or BKK, with NRT being their regional hub. And it's only 2-class config from SIN with the better planes (772LR). You can actually do a SIN-NRT-ICN route but the miles required are substantially higher!

On the other hand, I think their F-class are predominantly in USA only, they seem to be promoting their BusinessElite class much more than their F-class without very little info on the latter.

Well, you can throw some miles there now, with a 2-year validity period. Actually miles never expire on this FFP if you have any form of activity (crediting miles from your credit card also count!) And best part, with the current 25% topup promo, you merely need 30,000 miles for a Business Class seat to NRT and no need to pay the hefty carrier surcharges that SQ imposes!

Comment

Okay, you've convinced me - I'll plonk over 60k miles before the 28th of Feb as I'm keen for two tix, but one ex-BKK and the other ex-SIN. Thanks once again!

Comment

Okay, you've convinced me - I'll plonk over 60k miles before the 28th of Feb as I'm keen for two tix, but one ex-BKK and the other ex-SIN. Thanks once again!
                        You are most welcome! Just remember to check the seat for ex-BKK, just tried to check and it seems to be on a A330 (could be old seat, not their fully-flat BusinessElite seat).

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
                          You are most welcome! Just remember to check the seat for ex-BKK, just tried to check and it seems to be on a A330 (could be old seat, not their fully-flat BusinessElite seat).
                          Cheers once again - it's more for the SO's timing/routing/other reasons that I inquired about that

Sometimes easier than repositioning the SO down to Singapore... lie-flat or not is the lesser consideration in that instance!

Comment

Like many other ScaryTeam members, DL does not offer an international F cabin.

Why anyone would park miles into DL is beyond me. Good luck with that availability (read: welcome to SkyPiles). Don't say we didn't warn you.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                              Why anyone would park miles into DL is beyond me. Good luck with that availability (read: welcome to SkyPiles). Don't say we didn't warn you.
                              I did see those discussions, but it seems our cmy there managed to get lucky - I'll pay attention to those off-peak dates and try and find one that will suit... otherwise it'll be two weekend trips to Japan for me, can't complain (except for the price of the Yen atm but that's another story!)...

Comment

Availability on SkyMiles for Apr's SIN-NRT-SIN route

Award Availability for Apr's SIN-NRT-SIN route. Plenty of Y awards available on Low tier, fewer for J as of 5pm, 31 Jan 2011.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Working...
                                X