Jewel Changi Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Yes, let's do it! Let one of us know when.
    Starting to look very likely. Would be fantastic to do an SQTalk meet at Jewel!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
      You can take skytrain from landside through jewel? I thought only possible airside.
      Yes, land side ones are open, quietly. In fact, is the same 3 carriage train, just one carriage will open airside, two landside

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
        Yes, land side ones are open, quietly. In fact, is the same 3 carriage train, just one carriage will open airside, two landside
        Oh ok. So its a recent thing? In the early days, I was told only airside is available.

Comment

I think it was sometime last month when they opened the shuttle to landside.
          an infrastructure geek

Comment

Donald Trump of the aviation world has opened his mouth and let go another controversial remark.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/qatar...of-my-country/

Comment

Let's be honest, it doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know about that idiot. As CEO of QR SQ seem to be living rent free in his head and as CEO of DOH airport (who on earth thinks having the same CEO for both of them is a good idea other than him ?!) Changi seem to be living rent free in his head as well.

The other comments he has made previously, also mentioned in the article, tells you all you need to know about him. Shame really, as I quite enjoy flying QR.

Comment

https://skift.com/2019/11/04/did-sin...irport-design/
                Responding to the plagiarism charges in Singapore’s main English newspaper The Straits Times, Changi Airport Group’s CEO Lee Seow Hiang did some math. He said the group did a competitive process in July 2012 — i.e. seven years ago — and the contract was eventually awarded in May 2013 to CapitaLand for the design conceptualized by Safdie Architects.

Safdie Architects also has never done any work in Qatar; “neither has Mr. Safdie ever visited the country,” said Lee.

Safdie couldn’t resist jibing back, saying in a statement that “we are delighted that Jewel’s uniqueness and originality has been well-recognized by the international community and resulted in many wanting to emulate it.”

Comment

Here's a pic taken just after take-off on SQ910 SIN-MNL earlier this week...

A nice view of Jewel from the air, where you can see how the Rain Vortex is slightly off-centre...

Comment

The over head bridge from T2 and T3 to Jewel really spoil the looks.
                    It will be nice if access is via under ground like T1.

Comment

Perhaps they might want to build a connection to the MRT station in future?
                      an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                        The over head bridge from T2 and T3 to Jewel really spoil the looks.
                        It will be nice if access is via under ground like T1.
                        Agree. Reminds me of the train connection from the station to Burj Khalifa. Just seems out of place and not seamless.

Comment

Working...
                        X