Twelve Hours in Tokyo - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Really?!? That's shocking! You don't do that in any culture. From what I saw on the menu, it was mostly standard sushi, no exotic stuff like fugu. No wonder nothing substantive came out from the visit.
    I don't think Jiro would comply with any attempts to tell him what to serve, even if it were from no less than the PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      They are starting a refurb program to put the SS8 seat into all of their 787s later this year
      Point being -- and as with LH -- why didn't they do this from the beginning???

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      My natural habitat is the back of the bus. A slanted seat is my idea of heaven on earth
      Um…based on some of your latest TRs, this is not always the case.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Really?!? That's shocking! You don't do that in any culture. From what I saw on the menu, it was mostly standard sushi, no exotic stuff like fugu. No wonder nothing substantive came out from the visit.
      http://www.soshiok.com/content/obama...i-course-media
      [CREDIT: milehighj]

It may be "standard," but the quality and technique are on a whole 'nother level.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Um…based on some of your latest TRs, this is not always the case.
        Yup, sometimes it's a points redemption, and sometimes I get lucky and hear the beep of joy!

But I am getting better at creating my own luck i.e. putting myself on flights where the odds of an op-up are infinitesimally greater. For example an Op-up from Y to J on an SQ A380 MEL-SIN during Singapore Grand Prix season several years ago. Op-up from Y to J because it was overbooked in Y with Aussie pax coming over to SG for the Grand Prix.

Comment

Now in the US, with a TR on SIN-HND-SFO in the works. Unfortunately last minute work commitments came up, and the Tokyo layover never materialized. Oh well. The suggestions here will need to wait for a subsequent trip. Thanks in any case, everyone, for the suggestions! They will definitely come in useful in future!

Comment

Working...
          X