No announcement yet.

OZ New Biz Class - Quadra Smartium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see OZ upping the game with their seats. I am also a big fan of their service.

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
    This look similar to what NZ, BA, CX have implemented and many people complain this it is claustrophobic. I only tried NZ and did not like it.
    I have flown in NZ's seat and really liked it. VS is the same. I have only flown BA in J on a 767 and that is only 2-2-2 and it was good.

The only one I have heard called claustrophobic is the CX seat, but I haven't tried it myself. I would disagree that many people call NZ, BA and VS claustrophobic, I certainly haven't read that.

Comment

Now in English:

Comment

Finally I learn the derivation of that ugly agglutination of the Germanic and the Latinate, Smartium.

They've got a smart product development team, but their marketing team needs a bit of help with portmanteaus.
        Last edited by jjpb3; 29 July 2010, 08:29 PM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

hmmm.... for 2 paxs in the middle seats/beds... I think it's too close to each other...
          One can easily bump into each others butt (intend or not intend it... ) on the sleeping position....
          Nice for couples, but not good for perfect strangers (except for the adventurous one... )
          Overall... nice design...
          Want to try them someday...

Comment

Reminds me a bit of the new LX C product - which is very nice indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
              If I'm seeing the configuration diagram correctly, this is better than the new LX C. This one is 1-2-1 for all rows, whereas LX C consists of repeating 2-row combination of 1-2-1, followed by 2-2-1. I have been on the new LX C a few times, and it's a little confining, due to the narrow width of the seat, but the advantage of true lie-flat makes up for that (except for large-sized passengers, I suppose).

Comment

Nice looking seat overall. Interesting option if one wants to travel to US from Asia. Now my question will be if it is going to be available for redemptions through other *A FFPs? I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                  Nice looking seat overall. Interesting option if one wants to travel to US from Asia. Now my question will be if it is going to be available for redemptions through other *A FFPs? I hope so
                  Already is...but the scheduling is kind of hit or miss.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Luckily will on ICN-PEK flight in this new config, here is the seat map in OZ's online system.

Interesting seat number arrangement, all windows seats, no matter inside or outside, are A and K.

All windows seats are taken, sign

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
                      This is basically the Sogerma Solstys seats that EY has on its C class for over 3 years. Great product improvement for OZ.

Comment

Finally tried on 1 Sep, here are some photos, a detailed trip report will be available after I back Hong Kong.

PS: A ride on this beauty

Please stay tune!!

Comment

Are the 777s fitted with this new Smartium Quadra in business also have new economy seats?

Comment

Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                            Are the 777s fitted with this new Smartium Quadra in business also have new economy seats?
                            Seems remain unchanged...

Actually it is my first time on OZ, so I don't know it much. I was on this 'NEW' flight just by luck

Comment

Layout looks kinda like EK's A380 Biz Class.
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Updated Schedule

More flights will have the new seat. Daily for some routes from 25/May onwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X