X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is LX really doing that badly against SQ to drop the route? SIN-ZRH that is

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Is LX really doing that badly against SQ to drop the route? SIN-ZRH that is
      It's probably a combination of things.

SQ offers direct flight so no need for the additional 4 hours or so the BKK stop adds : Excellent new J product on 77W : Double daily flights on certain days.

Added to the fact that a lot of the corporate business on the route will be banking/finance (we all know how that industry is at the moment), and I think that probably has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Was the loss of it's ground handling agent (Swissport) a partial factor as well?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          SQ, definitely.
          Thanks - in the event, I got BD to persuade LH to release a reward seat on SIN-FRA, and then a connection FRA-EDI. It reduces the journey to three sectors from four, which the passenger prefers. Although LH F is not quite top notch on board the 744, the route has the advantage of a first class lounge in SIN, and the FCL in FRA for a 6 hour layover. The arrival in EDI is an hour earlier than the original booking, so that's positive too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
            Thanks - in the event, I got BD to persuade LH to release a reward seat on SIN-FRA, and then a connection FRA-EDI. It reduces the journey to three sectors from four, which the passenger prefers. Although LH F is not quite top notch on board the 744, the route has the advantage of a first class lounge in SIN, and the FCL in FRA for a 6 hour layover. The arrival in EDI is an hour earlier than the original booking, so that's positive too.
            I've also been rebooked on LH F, in the other direction.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by 2sweetau View Post
              im not having this luck with swiss at sydney office. they are very much agaisnt me taking sq, and offfered on flights from hong kong. had 45min chat with manager tonight, and we are still working out a comprimise for tommorrow to have fights book on sq all the way sin-zrh.
              Forget about Sydney and call Swiss in Switzerland. I am LH SEN and my calls are routed to Melbourne - service is pathetic and people clueless. Same might apply to LX.

Comment

Just wondering out loud (and slightly OT) whether there is sufficient demand for 2-4 times weekly GVA-SIN...? GVA is equally relevant as ZRH in the wealth management sector, which is also a key focus of the SIN banking sector.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  Forget about Sydney and call Swiss in Switzerland. I am LH SEN and my calls are routed to Melbourne - service is pathetic and people clueless. Same might apply to LX.
                  LH and LX now share the same office in Australia. Yes avoid the Melbourne call centre and SYD office if at all possible. Redemptions take a long time to be ticketed, refunds even longer, and even saying the Hail Mary 3 times wouldn't help you if you need assistance when something goes wrong. A pity as the Australian manager is a v nice guy, as well as the lady managing M+M stuff; just the majority of their staffers are crap. I took to calling the SEN number in Switzerland (usually get Basel or Kassell) which was excellent and produced results everytime. FWIW the FTL number also get routed to the same people when I dialled the day I lost SEN.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    LH and LX now share the same office in Australia. Yes avoid the Melbourne call centre and SYD office if at all possible. Redemptions take a long time to be ticketed, refunds even longer, and even saying the Hail Mary 3 times wouldn't help you if you need assistance when something goes wrong. A pity as the Australian manager is a v nice guy, as well as the lady managing M+M stuff; just the majority of their staffers are crap. I took to calling the SEN number in Switzerland (usually get Basel or Kassell) which was excellent and produced results everytime. FWIW the FTL number also get routed to the same people when I dialled the day I lost SEN.
                    LH/LX need to fix that - it's a shame that management is aware of the quality of people and doing anything about it.

For a luggage reimbursement case I had no choice but to deal with them - and after I totally freaked out after them telling me I have to fax my claim to Tokyo for said claim to be forwarded to Melbourne the money was on my CC only two days later...

Comment

well i just want to say that i talked to the manager at sydney. He was great, and offered a great solution for me also my online travel agent were so quick and helped me fix my tickets they way that suits me . but i suppose any problems, i'll call swiss office in zurich next time. Thanks for the suggestion guys

Comment

The cuts have been announced on the Swiss website. There goes another nice *A link to Europe.

Comment

Swiss airline to pull out of Changi

Deleted
                          Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

If that was the reason cited, are they going to return after the economic downturn? Doubtful, it seems.
                            Help make this article a better one!

Comment

LX/SQ Codeshare on SIN-ZRH

sin-zrh
                              lx4311 = sq346
                              lx4313 = sq342

zrh-sin
                              lx4310 = sq345
                              lx4312 = sq341

Comment

Working...
                              X