Copenhagen (SQ351-SQ352)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copenhagen (SQ351-SQ352)

Hello, does anyone know when and what changes to the flights to Copenhagen that we can expect in the near future?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Hello, does anyone know when and what changes to the flights to Copenhagen that we can expect in the near future?
    There were strong noises that it was going to go A359 very early after their arrival into the fleet, and that it would also go daily. Increased SAS codeshares were the reason given combined with the improved economy of operating the new aircraft. There was even some expectation that it could have been the launch city before AMS was announced.

CPH is now very much off the radar and SQ are adding codeshares for SAS flights out of ports such as LHR and AMS. Sooner or later the 772 has to go, but I wouldn't be making any predictions right now as to when.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      There were strong noises that it was going to go A359 very early after their arrival into the fleet, and that it would also go daily. Increased SAS codeshares were the reason given combined with the improved economy of operating the new aircraft. There was even some expectation that it could have been the launch city before AMS was announced.

CPH is now very much off the radar and SQ are adding codeshares for SAS flights out of ports such as LHR and AMS. Sooner or later the 772 has to go, but I wouldn't be making any predictions right now as to when.
      Thank you for the information!

Comment

Anything new?

Comment

Status quo. Seems like CPH is again pushed to the back of the pile. Even JNB and CPT gets A359 once in awhile on SQ478.

Comment

Is it likely that the A350 will fly to CPH next year?

Comment

Is it likely that the A350 will fly to CPH next year?
              At the rate they are beginning to arrive, I would say definitely yes, but very much a question of when. If anything, the old 772 must be costing them a bit in fuel.

Comment

At the rate they are beginning to arrive, I would say definitely yes, but very much a question of when. If anything, the old 772 must be costing them a bit in fuel.
                Very much looking forward to that, hope it will be before summer. I will miss the 777-200ER's a lot though.
                Last edited by SQavgeek; 12 October 2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I am planning to return back from CPH in June 17 in J class. How do we know which 777-200 would SQ be using?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_326 View Post
                    I am planning to return back from CPH in June 17 in J class. How do we know which 777-200 would SQ be using?
                    If it is still a 772 by then, it is only the 772ER refitted series that flies to CPH. The others don't have the range, so you'll have a product in J similar to 2006 77W or A380 (1-2-1 layout), but with an older IFE system.

Sooner or later, CPH will change over to the A359, but anyone who claims to know exactly when is just speculating at this stage. There's a good chance it could happen by next June, however.

Comment

Seems like CPH is constantly pushed back in the line of routes getting A350s.

Comment

Seems like CPH is constantly pushed back in the line of routes getting A350s.
                        Sure does. I won't be flying the route again until they get rid of that old 772.

It's hardly going to impress all the SK codesharers...

Comment

Sure does. I won't be flying the route again until they get rid of that old 772.

It's hardly going to impress all the SK codesharers...
                          Yeah, I'll be flying SQ351 in the end of June next year, hopefully the route has gotten the A350 by then.

I have to admit though that I'll miss the old 777-200ER's, sentimental value you know haha.

Comment

Next year Singapore Airlines will be able to celebrate their 40th anniversary at Copenhagen Airport!

Comment

Still nothing?

Comment

Working...
                              X