This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
    I am on SWW to MNL and apparently this is the first flight since the refit. however the pressurization system isn't working and we are returning to the gate now.
    Is it for real? SWW really a 77WR? It's only 5 weeks according to the calendar time I noted on my iPhone, really that quick??? Every 77W whether it had the 2006 or 2013 products initially had taken at least 6, maximum 7 weeks.

As far as your comment on planes not doing an A/T, we've had a few I know have done flights without an A/T:

SWZ, SWU, SWY, and SWR. I wonder why they're not doing A/Ts now?

Comment

• Finally on board SWN as our replacement aircraft on SQ910. We were given an adapter as a service recovery gift...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Is it for real? SWW really a 77WR? It's only 5 weeks according to the calendar time I noted on my iPhone, really that quick???
        Absolutely sure SQfanatic. Just 1 row of 4 seats in F. Perhaps a shoddy job that's why the aircraft isn't fit to fly just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
          Absolutely sure SQfanatic. Just 1 row of 4 seats in F. Perhaps a shoddy job that's why the aircraft isn't fit to fly just yet.
          I get they're trying to meet the end of the year deadline, but again, why rush and this happens? Thank you for the confirmation though. Look SWY was on the ground for 6 weeks and 4 days and it's still flying with no issue.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know effective November 20th, SQ211/212 (SYD) and SQ836/825 (PVG) are switching to a daily 77WR. Two frames are required for this rotation. The only routes left are SQ634/635 (HND) and SQ237/238 (MEL) which are our remaining 3-class routes.. EF indicates 4 F seats.

SQ217/218 again from the end of the month will be operated by a 3-class 77W according to EF.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              Is it for real? SWW really a 77WR? It's only 5 weeks according to the calendar time I noted on my iPhone, really that quick??? Every 77W whether it had the 2006 or 2013 products initially had taken at least 6, maximum 7 weeks.

As far as your comment on planes not doing an A/T, we've had a few I know have done flights without an A/T:

SWZ, SWU, SWY, and SWR. I wonder why they're not doing A/Ts now?
              Yeah same thought as SQfanatic. It seems to be too quick for a 77WR refit ? The last flight was SQ327 on 9 September if I'm not wrong. Thats just slightly over a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                Yeah same thought as SQfanatic. It seems to be too quick for a 77WR refit ? The last flight was SQ327 on 9 September if I'm not wrong. Thats just slightly over a month.
                You are correct. September 9th it was since it last flown as a sub for SQ328/327 at the time it was a 77WN. That's only 5 weeks and 3 days, usually more than noting it down, I usually also do possible estimated updates on when this can emerge as a 77WR and til now my week (not day) predictions are right. 95% of the time when a plane doesn't do an A/T after being on the ground for several weeks, then I tend to suspect it has not been retrofitted (For example, if my memory serves me right, we thought SWI was out retrofitting for 4 weeks back in early 2016 til it came with no A/T and did SQ494/495 (DXB). Other than that were 77WNs except SWY and SNA (now 77WR) that had a maintenance and came back with the new 3D maps). I'm sure you all will know or remember more cases than me but that's my line of thinking now.
                Last edited by SQfanatic; 10 October 2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Just reporting what I saw guys...

To be honest I didn't even know it was newly refitted until the crew mentioned that the ground staff had to spend extra time putting everything from safety cards to krisworld magazines in each and every seat pocket.

Comment

• What is the big different between 5 weeks 3 days n 6 weeks? Maybe some days they do OT? Or there isn't any holidays in September. Or maybe they have more staff doing the jobs? Must it be definitely be exactly 6 weeks that a refit that can be completed?

A/T might not be done due to cost cutting. (ESP after May 2017). There are 50 measure taken by Sq to cut cost. If it is just refit of interior, they might choose not to do an A/T.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                      What is the big different between 5 weeks 3 days n 6 weeks? Maybe some days they do OT? Or there isn't any holidays in September. Or maybe they have more staff doing the jobs? Must it be definitely be exactly 6 weeks that a refit that can be completed?

A/T might not be done due to cost cutting. (ESP after May 2017). There are 50 measure taken by Sq to cut cost. If it is just refit of interior, they might choose not to do an A/T.
                      If they have more staff, that's good thus it will take less time for a refit. Good point though! I never knew it was cost cutting, I was curious to know why.

Comment

• Seems like they've fixed SWW's pressurization issues. It's on its way to LHR as SQ306. Now let's see how fast they turn around SWV's refit.

Comment

What is the big different between 5 weeks 3 days n 6 weeks? Maybe some days they do OT? Or there isn't any holidays in September. Or maybe they have more staff doing the jobs? Must it be definitely be exactly 6 weeks that a refit that can be completed?

That could be possible. But again I’m not a pro at this sort of stuff but isn’t an air test to make sure the plane is safe to resume service? By cost cutting and taking out an airtest wouldn’t that be risking somethings to happen when the plane resume service?

Comment

That could be possible. But again I’m not a pro at this sort of stuff but isn’t an air test to make sure the plane is safe to resume service? By cost cutting and taking out an airtest wouldn’t that be risking somethings to happen when the plane resume service?
                            I am not expert also but if just interior fitting then should be ok not doing a A/T.
                            Unless it is something major about engines or some other replacement parts. When they are undergo some minor maintainance, they also never go for A/T.

So are you saying SQ is taking a risk also when they do not conduct an A/T when they do some minor maintainance. They should have done the risk n cost analysis when they decide not to do A/T for this refit. It is a risk they are willing to take.

Comment

I am not expert also but if just interior fitting then should be ok not doing a A/T.
                              Unless it is something major about engines or some other replacement parts. When they are undergo some minor maintainance, they also never go for A/T.

So are you saying SQ is taking a risk also when they do not conduct an A/T when they do some minor maintainance. They should have done the risk n cost analysis when they decide not to do A/T for this refit. It is a risk they are willing to take.
                              If anything, I thought 77WN refits just involve taking a few rows off and adding PEY. Remember when we had 77WT before (SWJ, SWK)? When it went off for a change from 77WT to 77WR the process was only 2 weeks removing Y seats in addition, they also removed some J.

Initially I was expecting 77WN to take 2-3 weeks to become a 77WR instead of 6. I will not waste time arguing further about an A/T but this is what I was wondering about.

SWW is scheduled to do MNL (910/917 that was supposed to be done Tuesday) next, SWY has done SQ12 and is doing SQ7 as its first visit to Seoul-Incheon that hadn't occurred when it was a 77WN. Evidence is strongest to me it has PEY though it was never doubted to begin with.

It looks like MNL is recieving 77WR almost everyday and if not at least on Mondays and Fridays.

Comment

• Hmm...I wonder which is the next 77W to be refitted since SWW is back in service. They all seem to be quite busy trying to coping with the remaining 3 class routes.

Comment

Working...
                                X