This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    SNA is still on the ground, so it will be interesting to see if it emerges with a PEY cabin.

SVC flew to BOM, PER and then CPH, where it was delayed on its return to SIN by 3 hours (not caused by delays at CPH) and now hasn't flown again since. There was never a test flight on its return to service, so I'm not sure what that says about its cabin status. Perhaps if only Y seats are swapped over, it doesn't need a test flight?

It's a shame to see SWI left with its old interior after such a long period of maintenance. No other 77Ws appear to have been taken out of service for refitting.
    Wow, never seen SQ351 delayed before, does anyone know what the cause was?
    Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
      Oh. How did you know its only 19 77W?
      http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us...21May2015-1052

If it's still accurate.

Comment

• I don't know if this has been talked about but is SQ634 to HND officially turning into a 77W from a 773?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
          I don't know if this has been talked about but is SQ634 to HND officially turning into a 77W from a 773?
          Yes it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
            Thats sad to know as I will be flying to NRT at the end of the year, was hoping that they could refit those 2006 to the 2013 products by the end of the year but it seems unlikely now
            SWZ and SWW flew as 638 the last couple of days. Let's see if this continues or if it is a temporary change

Comment

• Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
              The reason why the new release mentioned that PEY will be introduced on 19 77Ws was because at that point in time, they planned to keep their 8 spanking new 77Ws (9V-SWU to 9V-SWZ, 9V-SNA to 9V-SNC) as 77WNs, while retrofitting their 19 older 77Ws (9V-SWA to 9V-SWT) as 77WRs.

However, upon delivery of 9V-SNB and 9V-SNC, SQ decided to fit them with PEY and thus, instead of 8 77WNs, they ended up with 6.

As a result, 9V-SNB and 9V-SNC are currently 77WRs along with the older retrofitted 77Ws. There is reason to believe that there will be more than 19 77Ws with PEY upon completion of refurbishments.

In the meantime, SQ really needs to hasten the retrofitting of their 77Ws. Refurbishment of all 77Ws were supposed to be completed by September 2016 and it's already almost June 2017.

Comment

SWZ and SWW flew as 638 the last couple of days. Let's see if this continues or if it is a temporary change
                Yeah , have been noticing that but since its the end of the year when I am flying , I'm not really having high hopes as it is only Mid-Year however it would be interesting if it remains like this till the end of the year.

But for today it looks like SWQ would be making the trip to NRT and I think those older 77W that have yet to be refitted are operating on 634 to HND now such as SWS.
                Last edited by SQkid; 31 May 2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• SWI headed to Frankfurt as SQ326. Sign that it probably is retrofitted to me.

Comment

SWI headed to Frankfurt as SQ326. Sign that it probably is retrofitted to me.
                    Lots of routes seem to be getting unusual 77W variant allocations at present. Looking at where SWI has flown so far, some of the flights never get 77WRs, some get them occasionally and some mostly. There's no pattern so far that I'd rely on unfortunately.

Comment

FR24 last uodate shows that SWI is pulled out from SQ326 and flying as SQ634 instead.

Comment

Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't trust fr24. I am quite surprised that along with SWG, the second Star Alliance livery 77W is not retrofitted. See this is the same thing they did last year. They stop retrofitting for a few months from April and maybe only resume in say August or September. Surprised to know SWH is retrofitted though it has only flown an instance to LAX once so far via both ICN/NRT. Glad SWF is retrofitted as well.

FR24 can say one thing, iCargo can say another, I say stick with iCargo. Now our mystery is SNA. I would assume it will still emerge back as a 77WN rather a 77WR, we just have to wait and see. Also, to retrofit a 77WN to a 77WR shouldn't be longer than 3 weeks as the seats are 2013 products anyway.

Comment

It's apparently still configured with the 2006 products, confirmed by a known source who got off SQ495 from DXB this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by GR1 View Post
                            It's apparently still configured with the 2006 products, confirmed by a known source who got off SQ495 from DXB this morning.
                            What a shame! SQ always stops around April and lags. They only have 7 more 2006 product 77Ws left. It is definitely going to expand into next year unless by Fall they take 2 out of service and retrofit.

Comment

• Has SQ636/631 gone complete 77WR? It seems that many days instead of 77WN its getting a 77WR and 2006 77W. I thought PEY was only sold on 632/633 on the 359? Guess they're looking to give HND a 77WR. In fact tonight it is also scheduled to get SNC, a 77WR for a second day in the week.

Also have to take into account SNA is not available. I don't know for sure about the A/T but last year we had 2 frames doing 4 weeks of maintenance that no air test was performed and simply returned to revenue service. Most A/T as 8897 have been 77WR A/Ts. So I do not know the case for SNA, but I am assuming that will emerge as a 77WN rather than a 77WR. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                                What a shame! SQ always stops around April and lags. They only have 7 more 2006 product 77Ws left. It is definitely going to expand into next year unless by Fall they take 2 out of service and retrofit.
                                There are only six left. G I Q R S T

Comment

Working...
                                X