$216mn profit keeps record intact, sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by benlee View Post
    Problem is SQ does not see the need to set any high standards, it just need to set same or slight better standards than competition airlines which from what I read in other forums, are no better or even worse.
    Try flying EK, EY or QR( basically any major ME carrier) and you'll see that they are equal to or better than SQ in almost every aspect. The only area that they are lagging is their cabin crew, which are not as, er, subservient and "yes, Ma'am or Sir" like SQ, which I feel that most ppl like abt SQ.

SQ is a brand name that most ppl buy into, and you have to give these ppl the value for money and the justification to the reason they are buying into by providing a service above par other airlines, as their prices definitely are. If not, ppl will start to feel ripped off and disgusted and turn away in droves. You can spent years building a brand reputation, akin to building a skyscraper. But it takes just one or two defects or service lapses( bad name) to bring it all down.

No brand is immune to it. The recent victim to that is Microsoft. And FYI, EK made a whopping profit rise this FY. And looking into the future, SE asian carriers are taking over ME carriers rise to the top by emulating what ME carriers did. Just look at what Garuda is doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
      Try flying EK, EY or QR( basically any major ME carrier) and you'll see that they are equal to or better than SQ in almost every aspect. The only area that they are lagging is their cabin crew, which are not as, er, subservient and "yes, Ma'am or Sir" like SQ, which I feel that most ppl like abt SQ
      While the best of SQ crews can definitely outshine the rest of the competition, one has to watch out for the occasional dour ones who look they are doing us all a big favor by showing up for work. I see one or two on average every six months and I think these are the ones who are getting ready to quit cuz their facial expressions say it all.

The best of EK crews that I've encountered have a natural friendliness about them which comes from their very diverse backgrounds and serves as the main contrast to SQ crew.
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
        While the best of SQ crews can definitely outshine the rest of the competition, one has to watch out for the occasional dour ones who look they are doing us all a big favor by showing up for work. I see one or two on average every six months and I think these are the ones who are getting ready to quit cuz their facial expressions say it all.

The best of EK crews that I've encountered have a natural friendliness about them which comes from their very diverse backgrounds and serves as the main contrast to SQ crew.
        One of the best blue kebaya was one I encountered on a Flight to ICN. It was supposed to be her last flight. I think her name was Sandra. It is a pity the airline lost her.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          One of the best blue kebaya was one I encountered on a Flight to ICN. It was supposed to be her last flight. I think her name was Sandra. It is a pity the airline lost her.
          Did you have a chance to find out why she was leaving?

Comment

Did you have a chance to find out why she was leaving?
            I did not. Trying not to disturb her work too much. Would have asked if the age difference not been more than 20 years. I am always afraid of appearing liked a DOM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              I did not. Trying not to disturb her work too much. Would have asked if the age difference not been more than 20 years. I am always afraid of appearing liked a DOM.
              I don't think there's anything unseemly about asking why someone is leaving their place of employment if they had volunteered the information, or if it had been somehow made public.

Interesting that you mentioned ICN. My most memorable SQ flight so far in this current decade was on SQ 17 in J last year in April. The most amazing IFS, on the verge of retirement, singlehandedly personified the excellence of SIA cabin service on the YVR-ICN leg. He was followed by another outstanding crew with a lady IFS and a CFS on the ICN-SIN leg.

I continue to fly SQ this year (my decision as to which airline to fly more with each passing year cannot be taken for granted) based on that wonderful experience in the last or previous year.

Comment

I don't think there's anything unseemly about asking why someone is leaving their place of employment if they had volunteered the information, or if it had been somehow made public.

Interesting that you mentioned ICN. My most memorable SQ flight so far in this current decade was on SQ 17 in J last year in April. The most amazing IFS, on the verge of retirement, singlehandedly personified the excellence of SIA cabin service on the YVR-ICN leg. He was followed by another outstanding crew with a lady IFS and a CFS on the ICN-SIN leg.

I continue to fly SQ this year (my decision as to which airline to fly more with each passing year cannot be taken for granted) based on that wonderful experience in the last or previous year.
                Ha Ha ha. That is a fair point....but I guessed I am just a wee bit sensitive when it comes to members of the opposite sex.

Comment

Working...
                X