A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 HKG is only temporary

Anyone heard, A380 HKG will only be temporary? I heard the most will be by end of Dec only, not sure the reason why.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
      Anyone heard, A380 HKG will only be temporary? I heard the most will be by end of Dec only, not sure the reason why.
      You sure do hear a lot of stuff...
      HUGE AL

Comment

Right before the Lunar New Year would be a strange time to reduce capacity between SIN and HKG. If SQ were to replace the WhaleJet to HKG right before the Lunar New Year, I would expect the replacement would be two daily 777s, not one.

When 9V-SKK is delivered in January, SQ could conceivably pull the WhaleJet from HKG in order to upgauge service to FRA or a third daily LHR.

Comment

• 9V-SKL

The mystery of the missing convoy for 9V-SKL seems to have been solved. SQ have reportedly deferred delivery from Q2 2010 to Q3 2010. Parts for 9V-SKL should be visible in one or both of the next two convoys. It's not clear whether SQ will take both 9V-SKL and 9V-SKM in Q3 or whether all remaining WhaleJets have been deferred. Time will tell.

Comment

• SQ have officially disclosed to the Singapore Stock Exchange that they have deferred delivery of the last 8 WhaleJets on order by six to twelve months each. The affected aircraft are 9V-SKL through 9V-SKS.

I'm guessing twelve months for 9V-SKL and six months for 9V-SKS. If I'm right, SQ would not be taking delivery of any WhaleJets in the 2010 fiscal year running from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              ...I'm guessing twelve months for 9V-SKL and six months for 9V-SKS. If I'm right, SQ would not be taking delivery of any WhaleJets in the 2010 fiscal year running from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011.
              Makes sense. This means SKK is the last Whalejet for SQ for now. Only enough to upgauge one more longhaul flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                SQ have officially disclosed to the Singapore Stock Exchange that they have deferred delivery of the last 8 WhaleJets on order by six to twelve months each. The affected aircraft are 9V-SKL through 9V-SKS.

I'm guessing twelve months for 9V-SKL and six months for 9V-SKS. If I'm right, SQ would not be taking delivery of any WhaleJets in the 2010 fiscal year running from 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011.
                According to the Channel News Asia website, the SQ statement states that the 8 aircraft will be delivered between October 2010 and January 2012.

Comment

• SIA, Airbus agree on new delivery schedule for eight A380 aircraft

SINGAPORE : Singapore Airlines (SIA) said on Thursday that it has agreed with European aircraft manufacturer Airbus on a revised delivery schedule for eight A380 aircraft on firm order.

"Under the new schedule, deliveries will take place between six months and 12 months later than originally planned, for the airline's 12th A380 through to the 19th," the airline said in a statement.

SIA will see the eight aircraft delivered between October 2010 and January 2012, versus the earlier schedule of April 2010 to January 2011.

The carrier currently operates nine A380s, with two more due for delivery in the current financial year that began April. It said the revised schedule will not affect these two aircraft.

SIA currently flies the A380 twice a day to London, and daily to Sydney, Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong. A new service to Melbourne will start on September 29.

SIA warned last month that it may post a loss this financial year, making it the first ever annual loss in its corporate history.

The carrier booked a loss of S$307 million for its fiscal first quarter ended June.

Comment

SINGAPORE : Singapore Airlines (SIA) said on Thursday that it has agreed with European aircraft manufacturer Airbus on a revised delivery schedule for eight A380 aircraft on firm order.

"Under the new schedule, deliveries will take place between six months and 12 months later than originally planned, for the airline's 12th A380 through to the 19th," the airline said in a statement.

SIA will see the eight aircraft delivered between October 2010 and January 2012, versus the earlier schedule of April 2010 to January 2011.

The carrier currently operates nine A380s, with two more due for delivery in the current financial year that began April. It said the revised schedule will not affect these two aircraft.

SIA currently flies the A380 twice a day to London, and daily to Sydney, Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong. A new service to Melbourne will start on September 29.

SIA warned last month that it may post a loss this financial year, making it the first ever annual loss in its corporate history.

The carrier booked a loss of S$307 million for its fiscal first quarter ended June.
                    Thanks for posting the CNA report.

Comment

• 9V-SKJ arrived in SIN at 1429 local time today.

Comment

• I am still hearing from cabin crew Frankfurt & Zurich are the next A380 destinations, and HKG service on A380 is temporary only, may last maybe till end of this year only.

Comment

I am still hearing from cabin crew Frankfurt & Zurich are the next A380 destinations, and HKG service on A380 is temporary only, may last maybe till end of this year only.
                          SQ cabin crew provides excellent service, however, they are not known to possess reliable aircraft change information. Back in Feb, someone on TOFF heard that SQ11/12 was facing imminent downgauge to 77W.

Comment

• Not sure if my sources are corect but i heard that SQ 11 and SQ 12 will never get upgauge to the A380 until Japan officials allow it. It's because SQ can only sell a certain number of seats between Tokyo and Lax and if they upgauge to A380, they can't sell all the seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                              Not sure if my sources are corect but i heard that SQ 11 and SQ 12 will never get upgauge to the A380 until Japan officials allow it. It's because SQ can only sell a certain number of seats between Tokyo and Lax and if they upgauge to A380, they can't sell all the seats.
                              Correct

Comment

• If SQ retimed the NRT 380 flight so that it leaves in the AM, couldnt SQ 11/12 be flown with 1 more bird? It would be tight but with a 12 hour time from LA and a 10 hour time from NRT to LA would leave 2 hours ground time in LAX. I know its not ideal but damn if SQ cant turn SQ 11/12 in NRT in 70 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X