(BKK-SIN-LAX) Can I check my baggage in from SIN instead of BKK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (BKK-SIN-LAX) Can I check my baggage in from SIN instead of BKK

Hey guys, will be on a flight from BKK-SIN-LAX.
    Was wondering if I can Check my luggage in from the SIN-LAX sector instead of lugging everything to BKK?

Okay, I give up... How do you intend to do this and why?

Check your luggage then fly to BKK and back within 24 hours or come out thru immigration after arriving from BKK to check in your luggage? Probably possible beforehand but if SIN is a transfer on your itinerary might be difficult. However, I will be interested what an expert has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-RON View Post
      Was wondering if I can Check my luggage in from the SIN-LAX sector instead of lugging everything to BKK?
      You're probably doing this as you have a 'cheaper' ticket ex-BKK instead of ex-SIN right?

No problem whatsoever ...

But you can only do so AFTER you have flown your BKK-SIN sector. Make sure you have time to clear immigration at T2, and then grab your bag (most likely at baggage storage facility) and then proceed to T3 for your SIN-LAX check in to drop your bag off.

You cannot check your bag at SIN before you have flown BKK-SIN as the system will not allow the tagging of your bag to do as such.

=============
      There *might* be another possibilty but there is no guarantee and SQ will not be held responsible if your bag does not get loaded.

You check in using online check in for the BKK-SIN-LAX flight beforehand and get printout. You go to check in counter and ask them to tag the SIN-LAX bag. They may do it .. as your bag is placed on 'standby' which means it does not go into the system yet as their GDS will not allow you to do as such until you have flown your flight.

After you fly in from BKK, you go to SQ transfer desk and ask that your bag ( which is somewhere in the SQ storage hold in the baggage section) be put back on line and that you have come in from BKK ... then SQ baggage handlers may or may not put that bag on the belt to the aircraft.

IMO, the latter part is VERY tedious and mistakes can and have happened. That is why I would suggest the first suggestion. Its much better and then you will see that it is tagged and on the conveyor belt !

Comment

Instead of having to find some place to store your luggage, and having to come landside again after arriving from BKK, why not have the bag travel with you to BKK (assuming that you are not doing a tight turnaround) and recheck it to LAX from BKK?

Comment

MEL-World: Yeap like what Guy Betsy said, I'll have a cheaper fare ex-BKK,

Guy Betsy: The transit time is almost 15hrs so i'll probably go home to get some sleep. So no need for baggage storage. thank you sir!

eriond: i'll be carrying 2 peices of luggage(heavy) and as mentioned above, i'd have 15 hrs of transit time so I'd rather leave them in SG first. Also have not decided on how to get to BKK, if its a LCC, 2 piece of 23kg luggage is costly.

Comment

MEL-World: Yeap like what Guy Betsy said, I'll have a cheaper fare ex-BKK,

Guy Betsy: The transit time is almost 15hrs so i'll probably go home to get some sleep. So no need for baggage storage. thank you sir!

eriond: i'll be carrying 2 peices of luggage(heavy) and as mentioned above, i'd have 15 hrs of transit time so I'd rather leave them in SG first. Also have not decided on how to get to BKK, if its a LCC, 2 piece of 23kg luggage is costly.
            15 hours transit time then it is no brainer right? 15 hr is a lot of time to go home anywhere in SIN and back to airport again.
            visit my blog

Comment

Yes, you can do this. Tell them at check-in at Changi that you just want your bags checking in for the SIN-LAX sector and get your BP's for all your flights.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Yes, you can do this. Tell them at check-in at Changi that you just want your bags checking in for the SIN-LAX sector and get your BP's for all your flights.
                +1. Been there, done that.

Comment

Working...
                X