A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    My SQ228 booking in late March is also showing as unavailable under aircraft type. I'm not sure why an A350 will operate SQ217/8. They have plenty of 77W capacity. They could send the A350 to CHC.
    As SQ218 has changed to A350, I cannot book an Economy Seat on that flight as it is full!

Seriously, SQ 218 should be permanently flown with Airbus A380 (High Density) to accommodate Sydney and Melbourne passengers who need to arrive Singapore in the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
      As SQ218 has changed to A350, I cannot book an Economy Seat on that flight as it is full!

Seriously, SQ 218 should be permanently flown with Airbus A380 (High Density) to accommodate Sydney and Melbourne passengers who need to arrive Singapore in the morning.
      It's a decision I find quite bizarre. Fair enough if they need an A380, but put a 77W on SQ217/8 and put the A350 on SQ237/8. Are we to assume not a single Suite was booked on SQ217/8 for all of that time??

Comment

Are we to assume not a single Suite was booked on SQ217/8 for all of that time??
        Perhaps MANFlyer is on a low peak period.

Seriously though, I agree that "downgrading" from a 380 to 350 is very substantial. Is that a low-season for Oz?

Comment

• Singapore Airlines resumes A350 service to Hong Kong

From 20 March 2017, Singapore Airlines once again schedules Airbus A350-900XWB operation on Singapore – Hong Kong route, scheduled once a day. SQ856/861 service will be served by A350-900 replacing A330-300 during the summer season. Schedule will be as follows:

SQ856 SIN0955 – 1355HKG 359 D
          SQ861 HKG1540 – 1935SIN 359 D
          http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...om-march-2017/
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

It's a decision I find quite bizarre. Fair enough if they need an A380, but put a 77W on SQ217/8 and put the A350 on SQ237/8. Are we to assume not a single Suite was booked on SQ217/8 for all of that time??
            The A350 has only 11 seats less than the new 77W

Comment

• Nice.
              I am very happy with this aircraft change, I will fly on that flight.
              2-2-2 change to 1-2-1 configuration.

Comment

• Nice.
                I am very happy with this aircraft change, I will fly on that flight.
                2-2-2 change to 1-2-1 configuration.

Comment

Are we to assume not a single Suite was booked on SQ217/8 for all of that time??
                  Not so; we had a paid F booking (Suite when a 380) booked and confirmed on SQ 217 on May 15 and May 26. Both were cancelled and had to be either downgraded to J or moved to another F seat (not a Suite). We chose to move to SQ 237 the same days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
                    Not so; we had a paid F booking (Suite when a 380) booked and confirmed on SQ 217 on May 15 and May 26. Both were cancelled and had to be either downgraded to J or moved to another F seat (not a Suite). We chose to move to SQ 237 the same days.
                    And a 7.5 hour red-eye in a seat would hardly compare with a day flight in a suite. Were you offered any compensation?

Comment

• According to FR24, SMK is now on her way to SFO plying SQ32/31.

Comment

• 9V-SML has rolled out onto the Flight Line. Delivery should take place in the first week of April.

Comment

• For a moment i thought SML was the A350-1000.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                            For a moment i thought SML was the A350-1000.
                            If I'm not wrong QR is the launch for the A350-1000

Comment

• They're sure keeping very secretive about where the A350 is heading next. On weekdays they now have quite an oversupply of the planes and the only new announcement is MEL in May for a 2 month period. I scanned the latest PDF timetable today looking for clues but found none.

Comment

• I'll bet the dudes who've had to brave the ancient 772ERs frequently on the CPH and FCO (perhaps also IST) routes will be praying it goes their way. Its about time these 2 cities got a new plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X