Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book the Cook: Prawn and Chicken Laksa Business Class

Book the Cook - Prawn and Chicken Laksa
    Rice noodles in a rich, coconut cream seafood gravy with prawns, chicken, fish cake, deep-fried beancurd and bean sprouts

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
      Book the Cook - Prawn and Chicken Laksa
      Rice noodles in a rich, coconut cream seafood gravy with prawns, chicken, fish cake, deep-fried beancurd and bean sprouts
      Hi Carfield how was the Prawn and Chicken Laksa?

Comment

• Yes, I am interested to know that as well. On pictures it does look very delicious, but not sure how it really taste in reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
          Hi Carfield how was the Prawn and Chicken Laksa?
          delicious...
          I finished the whole bowl of noodles despite being served at 1am.

Carfield

Comment

• First Class Book the Cook – Char Siew Wanton Noodle Soup

First Class Book the Cook – Char Siew Wanton Noodle Soup
            Honey-roasted pork, shrimp and pork dumplings on noodle in a savory clear broth
            #A popular local fare dish

Comment

• OK, complete BTC beginner here after some minimal advice. I've checked the standard in-flight menus and nothing took my fancy. 2 BTC sectors I'm very happy with- waking up to waffles coming home into MEL and I'm definitely trying the Braised Smoked Duck Rice flying out of PEK.

Out of MEL it's a toss up between Roast Duck Rice and Fried Rice with chicken, but concerned the duck could be dry, so I'm erring on the side of Chicken Fried Rice.

The question: I have a dinner out of SIN I am having trouble deciding, but I want a basic Singaporean dish that will still be good reheated high in the air and have narrowed down to 3.

Has anyone tried the Chicken & Lamb Satay? It's my top choice but concerned it could be dry. Would a Straits Chicken Curry or the classic Chicken Rice be a safer bet?

(People may notice I really like poultry with rice! )

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                OK, complete BTC beginner here after some minimal advice. I've checked the standard in-flight menus and nothing took my fancy. 2 BTC sectors I'm very happy with- waking up to waffles coming home into MEL and I'm definitely trying the Braised Smoked Duck Rice flying out of PEK.

Out of MEL it's a toss up between Roast Duck Rice and Fried Rice with chicken, but concerned the duck could be dry, so I'm erring on the side of Chicken Fried Rice.

The question: I have a dinner out of SIN I am having trouble deciding, but I want a basic Singaporean dish that will still be good reheated high in the air and have narrowed down to 3.

Has anyone tried the Chicken & Lamb Satay? It's my top choice but concerned it could be dry. Would a Straits Chicken Curry or the classic Chicken Rice be a safer bet?

(People may notice I really like poultry with rice! )
                I could try the chicken rice and tell you but I am tempted with the prawn and chicken laksa after the review from Carfield.

I'd have gotten my chicken rice fix while in Singapore

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                  I could try the chicken rice and tell you but I am tempted with the prawn and chicken laksa after the review from Carfield.

I'd have gotten my chicken rice fix while in Singapore
                  The only thing I eat that can swim is a duck. Fish and seafood is a no go for me! Unfortunate, as it does rather limit my experience of Asian cuisine. I think I'll stick with the satay.

Comment

• I did end up with the Chicken rice. Not too bad. Better than I expected.

Decided to give the laksa a miss. Not wanting to splatter soup on myself LOL

Comment

• Has anyone tried SilkAir's "All Time Favourites", which is similar to SQ's BTC? For my upcoming flights, I chose Singapore Nasi Lemak ex-SIN and Singapore Hokkien Noodles on the return flight in to Singapore. Any good?

Full menu options here: http://www.silkair.com/en_UK/sg/a-jo...me-favourites/

Comment

• Braised Beef Noodles Soup

BTC ex Taipei
                        Braised Beef Noodle Soup - really excellent... similar (and possibly the same as) to the one served by EVA Airways

Book the Cook – Braised Beef Noodles in Soup

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                          BTC ex Taipei
                          Braised Beef Noodle Soup - really excellent... similar (and possibly the same as) to the one served by EVA Airways

Book the Cook – Braised Beef Noodles in Soup

I tasted it before. It's good albeit too much kiamchai....or they should it aside because too much of it would take away the taste of the broth.

Comment

• Japanese/Kaiseki Meal Ex: Sydney Suite Class

Book the Cook [Ex-Sydney]
                            Japanese Meal – catered from a local Japanese restaurant in Sydney

Appetizers

Salmon Roe with marinated vegetables

Braised tofu

Seared tuna with lemon mayonnaise

Deconstructed Beef Sukiyaki
                            Sliced beef topped with cooked egg & onion sauce with asparagus and ginger

Soba Noodles

Main Course

Comment

• Grilled Salmon topped with egg yolk sauce

Chicken Sukiyaki

Steamed rice

Miso Soup

Dessert
                              Fresh Fruit

[URL=http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Carfield76/media/Winter%202018-19/IMG_7172.jpeg.html][/URL

Comment

• Ex-SIN First Class: Wagyu Sirloin - delicious

Book the Cook – My Choice
                                Wagyu Sirloin
                                Wagyu Sirloin served with baked eringi mushroom marinated with truffle, garlic and sake, yuzu and light soy sauce. Accompanied by green beans and jalapeno salsa and served with steamed rice

Comment

Working...
                                X