[ICN] Asiana Business Class Lounge in the Main Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ICN] Asiana Business Class Lounge in the Main Terminal

At Incheon Airport, most frequent flyers on SQ would be familiar with either the SQ Silver Kris Lounge or the Asiana Business Lounge (Accessible to Star Gold) in the Satellite Terminal.

However, after checking in and clearing security/immigration at ICN, most pax would also have walked past the Asiana Business Lounge in the main terminal airside area before heading via peoplemover to the satellite terminal.

On a recent trip to Seoul, I decided to check out this lounge instead of the one in the satellite terminal, just to see if there was any difference in what the two lounges had to offer.

The lounge reception is up an escalator. You have a choice of heading left or right, to two separate areas, each offering similar facilities, although they weren't mirror images of each other.

Unlike the enclosed space of the Asiana Business Lounge in the Satellite terminal, here you had some limited airside views.

Reading room / library themed decor.

Dedicated dining area.

Comment

Some of the F&B on offer...

Limited liquor selection, as well as beer on tap.

Salads...

Spicy chicken...

Korean rice cakes, which were small and peanut shaped...

Abalone porridge...more like plain porridge with a very slight hint of abalone...

Sandwiches and other snack food...

And if you really needed them, cup noodles as well in various Korean flavours, including several spicy varieties...

Comment

A few partitioned rest/reading areas...

Showers...

And baggage storage...

Comment

Overall impressions? A decent lounge, larger than the SQ Silver Kris Lounge in the satellite terminal, but very similar to the Asiana Lounge in the satellite terminal.

In fact, I would say the Asiana Lounge in the satellite terminal holds its own against the main terminal in almost all respects. I would say the two Asiana lounges are largely equivalent, except that the main lounge has some views of the tarmac.

Unless the tarmac views mean a lot to you, I would still pick the Asiana Business Lounge in the satellite terminal as first choice if you are flying SQ, mainly because of the proximity to the SQ boarding gates.

Comment

I actually found their abalone porridge the highlight of their offerings in the morning when I went once. There was no spicy chicken, however.

Comment

Working...
            X