X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Listening to you guys instead and opted for Perfectionists' Cafe instead

Didn't know Heston Blumenthal of Fat Duck fame opened it
    Yes, the man himself! Let us know how your meal went!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Yes, the man himself! Let us know how your meal went!
      We shared the Full English Breakfast, which was very good. The quality is there.

I should add that the menu stresses that their raw materials come from specific farms.

I like that transparency in view of some recent revelations of fast food joints

The chicken we had wanted to try was only available from 10am. Next time!

Comment

Good to know you enjoyed it. I normally wouldn't recommend an English Breakfast, even at very good places.

I'd say the best things on the menu are the fish & chips, the Rib-eye and the burger. Not that I've tried every other thing yet, but maybe eventually, if the SKL continues being delayed...

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        We shared the Full English Breakfast, which was very good. The quality is there.

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
          A post from a similar thread on FT speculates March, but no exact date given.
          Well they didn't open in March...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          ....hopeful of next month, and are confident it will be open by April for sure, ...
          ...but it has indeed finally opened in April!!.

More of a soft opening for now, but it's a start!!

Comment

Pics pls.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Pics pls.
              Sorry not been yet. I was very kindly invited to have a peep last week but was out of the country. They are still on 'soft opening' at the moment but I am sure they put out some official images in due course. Others will be in there any time soon anyway, and unlike me will take and post pics, so even if I do take my SQ319 next week it will only be words not pictures anyway.
              Last edited by MAN Flyer; 12 April 2015, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Some pictures on Twitter

https://twitter.com/heathrowairport/...63553504256000

Comment

Finally! There's a few more pics up on the official website:

https://beta.singaporeair.com/jsp/cm...ris-lounge.jsp

Comment

Yet another one in T2B All the nice lounges are there, and if your flight goes from T2A it's a mega schlep back ...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Yet another one in T2B All the nice lounges are there, and if your flight goes from T2A it's a mega schlep back ...
                      Just wondering, which gate does SQ321 usually fly off from? Randomly assigned or a fixed gate?

Comment

More pics here

http://thedesignair.net/2015/04/13/s...ws-terminal-2/

Comment

Originally posted by grignard View Post
                          Just wondering, which gate does SQ321 usually fly off from? Randomly assigned or a fixed gate?
                          not sure about 321 but the 380 ready gates are in 2B so i suppose SQ321 would also go from there

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            There's the LH Lounge(s) in 2A, they're not bad. And also the Priority Pass one, which although nice inside is another windowless box.

Originally posted by grignard View Post
                            All SQ flights are supposed to go from 2B. That's the plan anyway.

Comment

United is a good lounge. I walked to 2B for an A3 flight to ATH but was worth it. LH is poorer by comparison. Not sure that the SQ lounge looks better than Uniteds. Just more convenient if travelling on SQ.

Comment

In here now, and I do like the F side. I have banged on enough about my dislike of windowless/dark lounges, no matter how good the facilities, but this place has huge floor to ceiling windows and is very bright and airy. It does get the sun shining straight in during the afternoon so they have got blinds as well.

There are four or five staff serving in here, which was a bit much initially as I was the only one in for a while. There is a number of hot and cold food items and they also give you a TPR style menu where you can order stuff from the kitchen.

Slightly bizarrely there is a (wo)manned bar in the J side but not in the F side, although that is covered by all the staff who get the drinks for you. There is a small 'island' with the buckets containing white wines, prosecco and champagne, which is Laurent Perrier for those who care about these things.

Comment

Working...
                                X