This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
    9V-SKD just completed an air-test as SQ8898 this afternoon.
    Those wings should be crack-free now!

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
      SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 6 JULY 2016)
      Thanks a lot for maintaining this list!
      It's come in real handy in helping me choose flights.

I actually find it bizarre that airlines, not just SQ, usually do not clearly tell you what sort of seat you get on your flight. It should even be a legal obligation IMO

Your list came in handy in helping me decide on which flight I will be taking to Tokyo.

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        I actually find it bizarre that airlines, not just SQ, usually do not clearly tell you what sort of seat you get on your flight. It should even be a legal obligation IMO.
        I assume its so if they swap the AC people do not complain they didn't receive the product advertised.

Comment

• It's all about cost and margins. Airlines want to have their planes flying as much as possible and usually the spares if any aren't usually the best. Keeping spare a380 or 777w will cost the airlines and thus last minute change crafts are usually not the primary choice. Doubt airlines today will guarantee any particular craft or seats in today's competitive market its just too costly. I've been downgraded / downgauge before and it's suck but that's today's standard. If government set policy or mandate requirements it'll only jack up cost. Only LCC like airasaia are not really affect since they fly the same craft pretty much across the fleet. It'll be hard for full fledge airlines due to market segmentation.

Comment

• @Alian and FN-GM: sure I understand that aircraft substitution is a reality in this industry and that airlines cannot guarantee aircraft and seat types on their flights but personally, I rather they tell me what sort of aircraft/seat is planned for their flights.. with a disclaimer that they cannot guarantee it. At least it gives me as a consumer, a general idea of what to expect.

Comment

• Given that you spend a lot of money on a business class seat, an airline should let you know what seat you are buying. Buying an airline ticket is not buying a lottery ticket. Consistency is king: All Lufthansa planes have the same Biz seat, so no surprises.

Comment

• How we all wish this is so but the only promise is the destination which the airline will promise to get you there. How we experience it is more privilege then entitlement. They will compensate if we don't get to our destination but subjective if the seat type differs. It's sad because their ads promote such wonderful hard products but the end result may differ and some would counter argue that this is deceptive. It's something the airlines need to realize and not treat customers as fools and also compensate where applicable to bring back good faith.

While I don't work for the airlines nor take their side but also as customers sometimes we need to accept that it's not a perfect world and I do believe some airlines feel bad about not offering the prescribed product but if there really is no alternatives we should not feel so entitled either. But I have to to add the airlines need to reciprocate in kind during such scenarios as well return good faith and not side sweep the situation as though nothing happened

Comment

• We're seeing a lot of routes getting ad hocs to 77WN because at certain times there have been a shortage of older 77W. PVG (Evening flight) got SWZ one day and there were a couple of days 237/238 got SWU, SWV, and SNA (along with 227/228's regular 77WN rotation). DXB has gotten the 77WN for straight 3 days as SNC is in maintenance, right off SQ1. As for the old 773, MEL had a reason for putting a 773 on 237/238...Definitely shortage of 77W and 77WN. (After all, SQ406/403 were operated by a 2006 77W from Fri-Sun).

Also speaking of 77Ws and products, it's already Week 4 on SWA, I am assuming and am definitely sure it is getting refitted with the 2013 cabin products to either 77WR or 77WN configuration and with new Wifi.

If we see it on regular 77WN or 77WR routes, enough evidence has hinted it has gone through a refit for sure (As well as input from anyone here).

Comment

• Latest update for 773er refurbish

[QUOTE=concept|infinit;204518]Thanks a lot for maintaining this list
                    Hello everyone
                    Would anyone would be able to provide the latest list for 773er that has been refurbish ?
                    It would help if I may want to change from J to F pending the aircraft
                    Thank you.
                    Last edited by Drkinder; 21 August 2016, 09:42 PM. Reason: Need to add more

Comment

• As of now no change. Waiting for 9V-SWA and 9V-SWB to resume revenue service. Then we can see which flights they operate, which will give us a clue as to what their configurations are. And of course, firsthand evidence from SQTalkers who actually flew in the aircraft would seal it.

We can only wait and see.

Comment

• Still, equipment swaps at SQ are rare. In general they manage quite well.

Iam not getting the hype of flying the 2014 Biz. I prefer the 2006 Biz especially on 77W, so every swap to the old is most welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          Given that you spend a lot of money on a business class seat, an airline should let you know what seat you are buying. Buying an airline ticket is not buying a lottery ticket. Consistency is king: All Lufthansa planes have the same Biz seat, so no surprises.
                          But still people complain in case of equipment swaps. With LH you may end up with a middle seat in Biz after an equipment change. The lottery is still on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                            Still, equipment swaps at SQ are rare. In general they manage quite well.

Iam not getting the hype of flying the 2014 Biz. I prefer the 2006 Biz especially on 77W, so every swap to the old is most welcome
                            That's interesting. I found the 2013 J to be better, because the cabin ambience is classier, and the recline is very much improved. I also find that the slightly less wide seat actually makes the experience more private, without being restrictive in the slightest. Also, i find that between J on the 77W and A380, the A380 is better simply because its a far quieter craft. Why do you prefer the 2006 J on the 77W then? Just curious, no wrong or right.

Comment

• Somehow I feel that the new biz is more cramped (the screen feels to be closer), maybe the darker color scheme makes it appear to be closer. The older BIZ on the 77Ws feels somehow brighter and more open to me. The width of the older suits me better for sleeping. And what I really don't like is the new IFE, I cant get used to it.
                              On the A380 the footrest is the weakest point, its often slanted down. I don't understand why the design is different to the 77W.

Comment

• My bear bug with the 2013 J is the tray table - because of the design being where one would rest the arm it keeps popping up. I guess the colour theme is subjective

The new IFE too I've put up a few post where I still prefer the 2D maps over the 3D maps but in general its pretty good (except on the A350 where I can disturb other seats by requesting a pair - hope SQ resolved it)

The A380 I agree the foot rest is quite bad - I think its the material used is not very strong so it tends to slant down after time

Comment

Working...
                                X