X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Launch 7th HKG Daily

Acording to airlineroute.net
    http://airlineroute.net/2011/02/18/sq-sinhkg-s11/

Singapore Airlines starting 27MAR11 is boosting Singapore – Hong Kong service with the introduction of 7th Daily flight, operated by Boeing 777-200 aircraft.

SQ890 SIN0735 – 1120HKG 772 D

SQ891 HKG1230 – 1610SIN 772 D

From the seat map, it seems to be the B772 ER.

And on SQ ticketing website, seems these flight numbers are not loaded yet.

Comment

Just curious, the flight and cabin crews will be on both flights for HK turn around flights right?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKF View Post
        Just curious, the flight and cabin crews will be on both flights for HK turn around flights right?
        Not sure for the pilots & tech crew, but for cabin crew, all HKG flights are turn around for them except for the following :

HKG night stop crew : SQ 2 / SQ 859

HKG SFO crew : SQ 870 / SQ 2 (HKG-SFO) / SQ 1 (SFO-HKG) / SQ 1 (HKG-SIN)

Comment

Direct competition with Hong Kong Air

Comment

An early morning SIN-HKG is definitely a good idea for the corporate business.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
              Not sure for the pilots & tech crew, but for cabin crew, all HKG flights are turn around for them except for the following :

This means that:

1. The crew that departs SQ 2 in Singapore on a particular day makes a ight stop and returns as SQ 859 crew on day +1?

How might the crew arrangement for part 2 be interpreted?

Thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                This means that:

1. The crew that departs SQ 2 in Singapore on a particular day makes a night stop and returns as SQ 859 crew on day +1?

How might the crew arrangement for part 2 be interpreted?

Thanks for the clarification
                Yes, SQ 2 night stop crew will return on SQ 859 (+1 day).

For part 2, the crew on SQ870 will stay in HKG for 1 night, & then continue on to SFO via SQ 2. The same set of crew will stay in SFO for 2 nights, & return to HKG via SQ 1. They will then spend another 2 nights in HKG before returning to SIN via SQ 1. This same set of crew on these 4 flights will spend 8 days together.

Comment

Yes, SQ 2 night stop crew will return on SQ 859 (+1 day).

For part 2, the crew on SQ870 will stay in HKG for 1 night, & then continue on to SFO via SQ 2. The same set of crew will stay in SFO for 2 nights, & return to HKG via SQ 1. They will then spend another 2 nights in HKG before returning to SIN via SQ 1. This same set of crew on these 4 flights will spend 8 days together.
                  Thanks for the clarification. And may I assuem that for same day turnaround, the furthest destination will be HKG?

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                    Thanks for the clarification. And may I assuem that for same day turnaround, the furthest destination will be HKG?
                    Nope, I think the winner goes to Bangalore (about 4.5hrs each way). That said, Silkair's furthest same day turnaround is Kathmandu (more than 5hrs each way).
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                      Nope, I think the winner goes to Bangalore (about 4.5hrs each way). That said, Silkair's furthest same day turnaround is Kathmandu (more than 5hrs each way).
                      Absolutely Correct. Bangalore turnaround from reporting time to landing time is about 12 hours.

HKG A380 turn is also about 12 hours of working time for the crew, as the A380 makes a longer stop at HKG as it takes longer time to clean the WhaleJet.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                        Wow that's long for the MI crew doing KTM! So is there a second set of crew for the KTM flight which deadheads there/back? What is the max amount of hours that crews can stay onboard for one working day?

Comment

Thanks for the information, also one more thing about the crews, the crews are grouped according to the types they are being trained on, I remembered talking to one of the crews, she was only trained on only 777 and 380 flights, while there are dedicated crews solely trained for the 345 only and 777 and 330 flights, do you know anything about this?
                          Last edited by 9V-SKF; 21 February 2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKF View Post
                            Thanks for the information, also one more thing about the crews, the crews are grouped according to the types they are being trained on, I remembered talking to one of the crews, she was only trained on only 777 and 380 flights, while there is dedicated crews solely for the 345 and others , 777 and 330 flights, do you know anything about this?
                            Talking about crews. Is there such thing that some crews will only serve business (or first) class?
                            Reason I asked is recently meet up one flight attendent introuduced by my friend. According to this FA, she say she only serve in business class.

Comment

https://www.singaporeair.com/mediace...ws/NE_0511.jsp

Comment

Working...
                              X