Cheap airport hotel in MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap airport hotel in MAN

I'll be in MAN primarily for a football game at Old Trafford. Will arrive on a Friday afternoon- game's on a Saturday afternoon. If I want to explore the town (nightlife, streetlife, etc) in the time in between, will an airport hotel suffice?

I'm hoping that it's close enough to the Quays/ City Centre. Looking at an airport hotel only because SQ327 leaves at 0840 on Sunday.

Hope I can have some recommendations SQTalkers. Preferably the hotel would cost below £50.

Cheers.

This is what I would recommend as the most convenient.

Book the City Inn Manchester (usually £60 on weekends but likely higher on game days unless you book early). Train from Manchester Piccadilly to/from the airport in 22 min. Metrolink from Piccadilly to Old Trafford. Walk to nightlife or take the free Metroshuttle from Piccadilly to get around till 7pm.

See the journey planner at:
    http://www.gmpte.com/journey_planning/

Comment

Thanks. Not familiar with MAN airport at all. Is it possible to check in just 60 mins before? Not looking forward to getting up at 430am or something to catch the plane.

Comment

I would echo Savage25's advice.

You would open up a lot more options if you upped the £50 cap on your Hotel. Don't forget our Gordon Brown Peso is very weak at the moment, especially against the USD and SGD. The easiest Hotel for you would be the Radisson at the airport. It's located between T2 (where SQ go) and the station where it's 20 minutes into the city by train. If you leave the Radisson go left and it's 2-3 minutes to the closest check-in desks, which is where SQ's desks are. It can be expensive though, as it's the only one slap bang in the airport.

You can check-in 1 hour before. I think the limit is 50 minutes.

Comment

To add another option, the Crowne Plaza at MAN normally has pretty cheap rooms depending upon when you book. Last night I spent there (granted, Dec last year) was circa £45 IIRC. I am ICHG biased, but this hotel always treats me well, can recommend it. It's at the airport, free shuttle to terminals. Don't have the local knowledge on Manchester that other SQTalkers have I'm afraid, so can't comment on how convenient it is for the station.

Comment

Under no circumstances stay at a hotel with Britannia in its name.

Comment

Working...
            X