Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel at MUC airport

Dear All,

I need to find a very close airport hotel at Munich. I will be arriving late and leaving early

Usually I try to get the train to the city but i may be late so would prefer to stay at or near the airport.

I have looked at the Keminski but for 1 night its way toooo expensive.

Any other ideas...ideally with a shuttle bus if off airport.

Cheers
    Clowesy

Not so close but by highway, I can recommend the Four Points Olympiapark. Wasn't far and was there in about 15 mins by cab... they also had a fantastic attitude and I felt they did look after their Plats... and you can't beat a free minibar for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      ... and you can't beat a free minibar for the win.
      Sounds good...mini bar although im on sq from FRA-SIN-AKL in F so thats a big enough mini bar for me...

Cheers

Clowesy

Comment

Been stayed at Sheraton Munich Airport once. It's only 10 minutes by their shuttle van. It was quite good. The rate also quite decend compare to the overprice Kempinski airport hotel.

Comment

I've previously had an 8 hour layover at MUC and went to the Hilton in the city as you can get a train from the airport right to a station that is underneath the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
            Been stayed at Sheraton Munich Airport once. It's only 10 minutes by their shuttle van. It was quite good. The rate also quite decend compare to the overprice Kempinski airport hotel.
            I've stayed there once too. The hotel is dead quiet and it's out in the middle of nowhere. A lot of the other guests seemed to be put up there by LH due to missed connections (they were all using vouchers to eat at the buffet in the hotel restaurant). IIRC, the room was decorated in a faux Bavarian style; and as a SPG plat, I was upgraded to a suite and there was a basket of fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              I've stayed there once too. The hotel is dead quiet and it's out in the middle of nowhere. A lot of the other guests seemed to be put up there by LH due to missed connections (they were all using vouchers to eat at the buffet in the hotel restaurant). IIRC, the room was decorated in a faux Bavarian style; and as a SPG plat, I was upgraded to a suite and there was a basket of fruit.
              Yup... agreed...
              It's out in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of some Bavarian village (but decently close to the airport)....
              And it's very serene, tranquil.....
              Very good for me for one night layover between 2 long flights (they have a very nice bed)....

Comment

Working...
              X