Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Istanbul Hotel - Maywood

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:08 AM.

Thanks for posting this online SQtraveller. I am planning a trip to Istanbul at the end of the year and have been scouting around for places to stay. The Maywood sounds like a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
      Thanks for posting this online SQtraveller. I am planning a trip to Istanbul at the end of the year and have been scouting around for places to stay. The Maywood sounds like a good deal.

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
        It's definitely worth considering - especially if you haven't been to Istanbul before with it's proximity to all the main sites.

However, if you've been been before, you might want to consider staying to the north of Sultanhamet. There are some good places such as the W hotel, which I understand also gets good reviews.
        Its our first trip to Istanbul, so I will stick to something in the Sultanhamet area where all the sights are within walking distance. The trip is not till the end of the year, so I have plenty of time to plan ahead and book.

The rooms at The Maywood are supposed to be small, but this can be relative I suppose. Is it small as in at least 23-25 sq m (which for me is the minimum size for the room to be serviceable) or tiny as in a claustrophobia-inducing less 20 sq m? Maybe I should email the hotel to enquire.

Comment

The rooms at The Maywood are supposed to be small, but this can be relative I suppose. Is it small as in at least 23-25 sq m (which for me is the minimum size for the room to be serviceable) or tiny as in a claustrophobia-inducing less 20 sq m? Maybe I should email the hotel to enquire.
          Update: I just had an email from Maywood. The double rooms range from 14 to 19 sq metres. That's definitely claustrophobia-inducing!

Comment

Update: I just had an email from Maywood. The double rooms range from 14 to 19 sq metres. That's definitely claustrophobia-inducing!
            post deleted
            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

There is also one new boutique hotel to give a try:
              Istanblu White house. Known for good service, clean refurbished rooms and they pick up you from airport (as many do). Also located in Sultanhamet. Prices are same to Maywood. I would choose White House.

Comment

Working...
              X