Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Flight Between Stockholm and Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Flight Between Stockholm and Singapore?

According to the press release by SAS:
    http://www.cisionwire.com/sas/r/expa...apore,c9206270

direct route between SIN and ARN wld be serviced by an SQ plane. is tt possible? doesn't seem like a very popular route and SQ alr flies to CPH. and SQ seems to be brutal when it comes to long-haul routes to europe - only operating those tt it can make a killing (though i might be wrong). perhaps the lack of competition btw SIN and ARN (discounting middle eastern carriers' cheap tix) wld be a key motivation?

Looks like SQ will be using the 772ER that is available now that the AMS route goes 77W in spring.

Comment

if their price is close to TG, then it is very good news for me....

it is actually quite a popular route from Bangkok, my flight to Stockholm last week was completely full...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne120112.jsp

The partnership is expected to lead to growth in air services between Singapore and Scandinavia, and, depending on market conditions, pave the way for a new route between Singapore and Stockholm.
        Talk only....

Comment

I hope they go ahead, I fly to ARN very regularly.

Comment

CPH began to show up on the flight schedule as a transfer point for code-shared destinations last year. Prior to that, Scandinavian cities seemed to only be served by LH flights out of FRA (on the SQ timetable, I'm meaning).

Perhaps one could conclude that this arrangement has been going well for the two airlines so far and they are signalling an intention to expand it.

You'd imagine the first step would be an increase in frequency to CPH by once or twice a week, given all the organisational elements are already in place. If they can't fill 4 or 5 flights a week to CPH, then the case for Stockholm might seem a bit of a risk. Or would a CPH-ARN tagged flight have any merit?

In terms of product, would the 772ER compete well with what other airlines serving SE Asia - Scandinavia? Business travellers on here never seem too excited about the Spacebed. Given how expensive it is for the rest of the world to visit Scandinavia, you wouldn't imagine they'd be wanting to rely too much on Y bookings!

Comment

I wonder if OSL is in SQ's cards (or was, before TG started flying there) - might there be stronger business links between Singapore and Norway than Sweden, especially in shipping and offshore?

Comment

They don't seem to know what to do with CPH, it was rumoured to be linked with MAN last year.

Comment

Originally posted by inkoherent View Post
                  I wonder if OSL is in SQ's cards (or was, before TG started flying there) - might there be stronger business links between Singapore and Norway than Sweden, especially in shipping and offshore?
                  Not so much OSL, but more to do with SVG, KRS and BGO when it comes to the Offshore and Marine markets in Norway. These places are already served via CPH or AMS, so I don't think SQ would gain much by flying to OSL. In terms of TG, Norwegians have a fasination with Thailand and many travel to BKK and HKT (charter flights every Summer but not by TG) "religiously" every year.
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                    Looks like SQ will be using the 772ER that is available now that the AMS route goes 77W in spring.
                    Is this confirmed? Do they have enough 77W to do that? My booking for June still shows a 772ER.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                      Is this confirmed? Do they have enough 77W to do that? My booking for June still shows a 772ER.
                      July was the start date mentioned in another thread on here. No idea where they will source the craft- that fleet of 77Ws works awfully hard!

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                        AMS is confirmed to go 77W from July. They will have a spare if the 77W to LHR gets switched to the fat plane, which is/was the original plan.

Comment

Ah.... thanks for the information.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone have any information on when direct SIN to ARN flights might start?

Comment

Maybe once they start getting 77W deliveries later this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X