SQ62 to Houston and Moscow to move to T3 from 28 March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ62 to Houston and Moscow to move to T3 from 28 March

Apologies if this has been posted before but I didn't see it. It's listed in Latest News in today's PPS newsletter

Surprised it's taken them so long to move it to be honest.

I think it is because the SIN-DXB-DME sector has been removed, and this sector is departing from Terminal 2. So with this sector gone, SIN-DME-IAH (SQ62) is now considered under Europe / US sector flight, so it departs from T3.

Comment

SQ 61, the eastbound, has always arrived at T-3 -- at least when I've either been on it, or looked at it's day-to-day performance. Furthermore, most of the other 77W flights also arrive at T-3, so they've probably been towing the aircraft for SQ 62 (which often turns off the late SYD - SIN flight) around to T-2 fairly often.

Comment

I always thought the reason they had the flight from T2 was because of its late departure? I don't think any flights depart from T3 at that late an hour, but the JNB flights from T2 do. Won't it be a bit of a waste to keep counters in T3 open just for this flight?

Comment

Originally posted by zxulee View Post
          I always thought the reason they had the flight from T2 was because of its late departure? I don't think any flights depart from T3 at that late an hour, but the JNB flights from T2 do. Won't it be a bit of a waste to keep counters in T3 open just for this flight?
          And the Elite Gold Lounge & Silver Kris Lounges at T3 has to stay open as well till then.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
            And the Elite Gold Lounge & Silver Kris Lounges at T3 has to stay open as well till then.
            But aren't both SKLs open 24/7 anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
              But aren't both SKLs open 24/7 anyway?
              Yes, they are open 24/7. However, food and drinks will not be available on the bars during the wee hours. They will be closed after the last flight departs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                SQ 61, the eastbound, has always arrived at T-3 -- at least when I've either been on it, or looked at it's day-to-day performance. Furthermore, most of the other 77W flights also arrive at T-3, so they've probably been towing the aircraft for SQ 62 (which often turns off the late SYD - SIN flight) around to T-2 fairly often.
                If the arriving 77W's next flight departs from T2 it will go straight to T2 on arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                  If the next flight of the aircraft departs from T2 won't it arrive there then instead of towing the aircraft

Comment

Most of the time, the arrival B773ER aircraft SQ234 from SYD (sometimes SQ15 from SFO) would land at T2 and operate SQ62 subsequently.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                    X