X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub-Par SQ Y Experiences...

My thread from FT says it all...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...mber-when.html

Also forgot to mention, no more proper paper handtowels in the washroom but rather cheapo facial tissue which disintegrates upon contact with water leaving not so attractive patches of translucent tissue on your hands and face.

It's the little things that matter SQ!

I had a very unhappy flight attendent flying from CPH to SIN on Sat.... though she did not outwardly show her disdain, could see from her body language. Also when a pax asked her for something, no smiles were offered, she mechanically reply to the question, turn around, show some kind of face to herself and walk away. Maybe, that's her last flight before she quit or something.... but on the other hand, the IFS and CSS were remarkable... both of them addressed me by my name, though I am in Y. The IFS came around offered me ST and BT without me asking... then he came back again and offered me past days ST too.....
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Sounds like the lady i had on LHR-SIN on Saturday as well. Never a smile, very loud & arrogant tone of voice - never any please or thank yous. And before anyone suggests otherwise, I am unfailingly courteous to staff when i travel so it wasn't quid pro quo.

The entire crew on that flight were completely uninspired at best.

I have a HK-SIN-BKK-SIN-HK trip this weekend, lets see if these observations hold true....

Comment

Originally posted by slickalick View Post
        My thread from FT says it all...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...mber-when.html

Also forgot to mention, no more proper paper handtowels in the washroom but rather cheapo facial tissue which disintegrates upon contact with water leaving not so attractive patches of translucent tissue on your hands and face.

It's the little things that matter SQ!
        Not to mention that they have reduced the size of the packet of peanuts/crackers that they usually serve on Asian routes in Y class by at least 20%... Not sure if they've also reduced the size of the peanut packs served on other routes.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
          Not to mention that they have reduced the size of the packet of peanuts/crackers that they usually serve on Asian routes in Y class by at least 20%... Not sure if they've also reduced the size of the peanut packs served on other routes.
          Oh no.... what a disaster!

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
            Oh no.... what a disaster!
            It is, isn't it? What is the world coming to??!!

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I have flown Y 5 times in the last 5 months with SQ and they have been great, did SYD -SIN - LHR - SIN - SYD in September and SYD - SIN - BKK - SIN - SYD at Xmas/NY. I did get upgraded on the SYD - SIN route at Xmas on the 747 to Business but the rest of the time I have been in Y and been its been very very good.

Looking to fly J in September to the UK but at $10kAUD it seems pretty pricey!

Edit: Should proberbly expand, my definition of very good, on the London flights the FA's were great, brought loads of drinks round and were always willing to help and have a chat if they werent busy. I talked to one of them for about 45 mins or so on my flight.

I'll admit some of the cost cutting with using facial tissues for hand towels is a bit extreme but yeah apart from that I have always found the service to be that little bit better on SQ.
                Last edited by Logan^; 7 February 2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                  i had an unpleasant experience while travelling in F. The toilets in F were occupied. Full cabin, The FA said i could use the Business ones.

It was a 747.

went to the one beside the galley and when i came out, the FSS in the galley gave me a very nasty look and turn. I told her if she was giving me that look due to me not being in Business cabin, it was due to the F toilets being occupied. She said yes it was but still gave me that look and even after she was witnessed by the IFS.

If a premium pax is being treated with disdain, it can only be worse for Y pax.

Is it still worth to pay 30% above market for such an experience esp in Y ex-SIN?
                  Wow.. how did she react after the IFS witnessed that?

Comment

deleted
                    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

trekkie. You have nothing but complaints flying SQ, even in F.

May I know which routes have you been so unhappily forced to fly SQ?

ie Which route are you flying that you have no alternative but to fly SQ?

Otherwise, you complain complain complain about SQ...

...... but continue to fly SQ.

Maybe you shouldn't be putting your comments online..

Reveals a lot about your personality.

And it's not flattering.
                      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 7 February 2010, 10:08 AM.

Comment

deleted
                        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                          trekkie. You have nothing but complaints flying SQ, even in F.

May I know which routes have you been so unhappily forced to fly SQ?

ie Which route are you flying that you have no alternative but to fly SQ?

Otherwise, you complain complain complain about SQ...

...... but continue to fly SQ.

Maybe you shouldn't be putting your comments online..

Reveals a lot about your personality.

And it's not flattering.
                          Spot on.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Spot on.
                            Agreed with jjpb3 and 9V-SIA. Vote with the wallet when not satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
                              Your judgements are completely off the mark.

are you sure you want to go there?
                              This is what you have said so far:
                              • You flew on First Class.
                                You won't say how many times so I assume not regularly.
                                If you are a regular, WHY for heavens sake subject yourself to bad treatment on SQ and fly your preferred airline? Which is...?
                                Out of self respect, I wouldn't subject myself to such treatment by SQ... regularly according to you

• You got dirty stares for using the Business Class toilet.
                                What is the part of the story you have omitted?
                                Are you saying that SQ discourages use of the toilet and gives dirty stares if you do?
                                If it is indeed an accurate account you are giving

• SQ is too expensive. Socially irresponsible and bad business practice.
                                But you're OK flying with them

Comedy Central..
                              Last edited by 9V-SIA; 8 February 2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X