Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move from Krisflyer to TG ROP??

Hi,

Been lurking on here for a while but this is my first post!

Have been KF *G member for the last three years and have allways just managed to make the 50,000 miles requalification criteria. After doing some research i have decided that i may be better off joining another FFP when requalify for *G in september this year.

I am seriously considering TG ROP as *G lasts 2 years and also get the upgrade certs. As i am technically self employed i pay for all my business travel and use TG mostly on flights back to Europe in J Class. I mainly use SQ for regional travel.

Also considering BMI as well, but something does not seem right about joining an FFP for an airline that i have never even flown (i live in singapore, hence the reason i joined KF).

WOuld be interested to hear from other members who have made the change . My plan is to requalify for *G in September and then join another FFP so i can earn points on the new one, but still have the benefit of lounge access, *G check in etc on my existing KF *G.

Also, if i do this does anyone know if i can upgrade from Y to J on KF miles but still earn miles on the Y sector on another FFP??

Thanks

J

I would sign up on all 3... ROP for Status, KF for discount redemptions and BMI for when you fly back to Europe

WOuld be interested to hear from other members who have made the change . My plan is to requalify for *G in September and then join another FFP so i can earn points on the new one, but still have the benefit of lounge access, *G check in etc on my existing KF *G.
    Yep, you still get it all with your KF*G as long as you're flying a *A flight.

Also considering BMI as well, but something does not seem right about joining an FFP for an airline that i have never even flown (i live in singapore, hence the reason i joined KF).
    I also live in Singapore and made the change 4 days ago. (and have yet to fly BMI)

Also, if i do this does anyone know if i can upgrade from Y to J on KF miles but still earn miles on the Y sector on another FFP??
    Yes, you can upgrade - that depends on your fare class (restricted or non-redemption or unrestricted).

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      I would sign up on all 3... ROP for Status, KF for discount redemptions and BMI for when you fly back to Europe
      Won't joining all 3 dilute your miles too much Kyo? (Unless you have tons of miles).

But your point is valid : ROP for the 2 year status and upgrade vouchers, plus KF (optional) for the discount redemptions out of SIN.

And a warm welcome to SQTalk, Jamiegutz !
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Dilution of Elite miles, yes, if you choose to look at it that way.

However in the case of miles earned from hotel partners I would credit as/when necessary to BMI or TG and on local credit cards, to TG or KF (since there is no option to cedit to BMI) - it would give me more flexibility to instantly bump up a lump sum of miles for a handy redemption ticket or upgrade on TG or KF... depending on where I wanted to fly/what redemption availability there is.

On Elite miles, for me definitely to BMI unless specifically chasing status on a very specific carrier (ROP for the Op for reasons of 2-year validity, upgrade vouchers) or a very specific redemption on TG/KF (again, as/when necessary).

Comment

Working...
        X