JL to use Jetquay terminal at Changi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL to use Jetquay terminal at Changi

Japan Airlines is to enhance its premium offering to elite passengers in Singapore by providing airport facilitation services through JetQuay’s CIP Terminal.

The exclusive CIP terminal is designed to maximize privacy and provide high levels of service that passengers are accustomed to in the air, but rarely experience in transit at the airport. The terminal has private parking where passengers may park on a complimentary basis for the duration of their stay abroad. At the drive-up lobby, passengers are welcomed by JetQuay’s guest relations officers who minister to luggage, check-in and immigration procedures on behalf of the passenger.

Mr. Haruka Nishimatsu, JAL’s President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “Starting May 26, JAL will be the first airline to work together with JetQuay, using its CIP Terminal at Changi Airport to facilitate airport services for our VIP passengers. Offering our top-tier travellers this unequalled level of service at the airport will greatly enhance our competitiveness in Singapore.”

Passengers are only required to be at the CIP terminal an hour before their flight departs, compressing the time spent at the airport. At the terminal, passengers may relax in the lounge area, which features private meeting rooms, an art gallery, gym, nap rooms, massage chairs, outdoor garden smoking areas, a spa and a business centre.

At boarding time, JetQuay’s officers personally transport passengers to the air-bridge by electric buggy.

Thanks MAN Flyer. Any ideas on the eligibility requirements? I'm guessing *G won't cut it
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
      Thanks MAN Flyer. Any ideas on the eligibility requirements? I'm guessing *G won't cut it
      Bearing in mind JL are in OW, I would seriously doubt it...

Comment

I didn't know JL had a CIP program similar to NH's (but can totally see that it would). Does anyone have details on this?
        HUGE AL

Comment

I wonder if I can rock up with a cheap JL J SIN-KUL tix and an OW shiny card ?

Comment

I guess it depends how shiny the card is...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Not if this is supposed to work like the Concorde Room. (It isn't very clear from the press release.)
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My thoughts too, although SIN-NRT also works for me.

Comment

I wonder if i can rock up with just the JL J SIN-KUL and WITHOUT the OW shiny card

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    I wonder if i can rock up with just the JL J SIN-KUL and WITHOUT the OW shiny card
                    As Jetquay isn't the JL J lounge I doubt it. Perhaps you could get guest access with someone else?

Comment

Get someone with a DBS Black or Altitude card to pay $S100 and you can get up to 3 people in...

So yes, there is a way to get in without a OW card. And on any airline to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Get someone with a DBS Black or Altitude card to pay $S100 and you can get up to 3 people in...

So yes, there is a way to get in without a OW card. And on any airline to boot.
                        That's never been doubted. It's always been known that you can get in to the terminal (which offers various services - gateway, quayside and jetside) on any airline regardless of status or any airline/credit card held ... provided you pay for it. (At one point, you needed to join as a member but I believe that requirement has been dropped.)

http://www.jetquay.com.sg

This thread has been about JL offering it to its "premium" / "top tier" pax and what that means, i.e. is an OW card required or not ? Do they mean F or J pax or some other category ?

Comment

I doubt the Jetquay terminal is meant for anything less than a JL F pax. C would just cram the whole place up, and one can only assume the security guards outside would start complaining before too long if everyone in C + F rocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            I doubt the Jetquay terminal is meant for anything less than a JL F pax.
                            If so, then the next question (as above) is whether an OW emerald card also works even if travelling in Y or J ?

(With a few exceptions (being AFAIK the BA CCR and QF CL lounges), an OW emerald card entitles you to F check-in and lounge access throughout OW.)

Comment

The cynic in me thinks that this would be a CCR-type operation, whereby only the super top tier JL elites and JL FCL pax will gain entry.

Happy (and fervently hope) to be proven wrong though.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X