No announcement yet.

Late night time makan in Singapore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boon tong kee is one of the greatest inventions of man.

possibly better than the printing press or language.

Comment

Thank God you did not go to Meritus. The exorbitant prices would probably leave a skewed impression about the humble little dish!
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Lou Gai Fong (spelling?) is open almost 24 hours. I was eating there around 3-4am in the morning but limited stalls are open because they are cleaning up the area around that time.
        It is located on Orchard Road right in front of Hotel Grand Central and Cavenagh Road.
        They serve your typical noodle and rice dishes.

From Lou Gai Fong if you travel to the left of it facing Orchard Road keep walking down and to your left will be a little entrance going down into a cafeteria area where there are some dessert stalls. I had green tea pudding with shaved ice and ...

Comment

jhm, next time you are looking for late night supper, think of these...

Soft shell crab and chicken wings

Frog legs and some kind of fried rice

Siu mai (sorry don't know the spelling), soft shell crab, frog legs, chicken wings and fried rice

Tofu with salad

Rice noodles with light sauce and the three layers part of roast pork inside the ...
          Last edited by SQ LPP; 10 November 2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Very delicious looking! I must run and check for LX fares now.

Don't recognize some of the dishes. What's the yellow plate in the first pic?
            The white plate with blue flowers in the second pic? What are pictures 4 and 5?

Whatever they are, they sure look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              That looks fantastic! Reminds me of Home! ...and certainly can't get anything nearly so nice in London... Where is that?! (#*mouth watering*#)

Comment

SQ LPP, thanks for the reminder of dear SIN! Unfortunately, I have nothing booked nor anything in mind...

The food all looks delicious but high in calories as well! In order to maintain my slim and trim figure , I've been eating salads and other healthy food recently, e.g. chopped raw chicken hearts and livers the other night! Can I get that in SIN ?

Comment

Was this at 126?

Comment

Yes, I also guessed it was at Sims Ave - the Chee Cheong Fun gives it away... (great sauce btw), had it three weeks ago!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      ..., I've been eating salads and other healthy food recently, e.g. chopped raw chicken hearts and livers the other night! Can I get that in SIN ?
                      Raw chicken hearts and livers are definitely very nutritious for everyone. Hmm fried chicken hearts and livers are very yummy ...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Was this at 126?
                        Yes ...

Comment

Those look yummy SQ LPP.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Was this at 126?
                            Yes ...
                            9V-JKL, I'm impressed. But of course, not surprised.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Gosh I'm missing the food back home badly now....
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thank you for providing captions for your food photos.

I am very happy you're back. More food photos and naughtiness to look forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                X