Singapore Airlines Flight Delays & Disruptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boing View Post

One thing I personally feel is worth a try is to consider Paya Lebar airport as the primary diversion airport, weather permitting, in times like this. Transporting the passengers by bus could be considered if delays are taking longer than expected. A multi level government involvement would be required as immigration and transportation issues would have to be ironed out. Just find it ridiculous that a number of SQ planes diverted to Batam when we have an airport capable of accomodating them a few miles away.
    For yesterday's episode, Paya Lebar airport was being used by the Air Force at the time. Saw the A330 tanker and other aircraft doing repeated circuits.

As a precaution today, it looks like Changi has decided to use Rwy20C for landings instead, and Rwy20R for takeoffs.
    Last edited by ycp81; 25 June 2019, 08:37 PM.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Think Paya Lebar air base is used as a final last resort as did remember it was used by one or two commercial flights sometime before. But actually PLAB have always been used by commercial planes for usually heavy maintenance and conversion by ST aerospace.
      Last edited by flyguy; 27 June 2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• SQ802|26JUN (SIN-PEK) originally operating by 9V-SKQ had to RTB due to a technical issue. It eventually departed with a delay of over 6.5 hours after an aircraft change to 9V-SKP.

STD: 0830
        ETD: 1440
        ATD: 1508

As a result, the return SQ807|26JUN (PEK-SIN) is re-timed:

STD: 1635
        ETD: 2235
        STA: 2300
        PETA: 0500
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• SQ850|27JUN (SIN-CAN) operated by 9V-STC was delayed due to a water leak.
          STD: 0820
          ETD: 1045
          ATD: 1118

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
            I don’t think Singapore can act unilaterally. It’s possible that the guy flying the drone is in Johor which will require cooperation from the Malaysian authorities as well.
            I believe as long as the drone has infringed upon Singapore's airspace, they have the right to act unilaterally, especially if safety is involved.

If LKY was around, I think recreational drones would be banned by now.

Comment

• SQ306 SIN-LHR | 1JUL19 estimated to depart at 07:15 (STD: 01:10)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                SQ306 SIN-LHR | 1JUL19 estimated to depart at 07:15 (STD: 01:10)
                Thats some 6 hours delay - guess SQ do not have any 380s to substitute for during the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Thats some 6 hours delay - guess SQ do not have any 380s to substitute for during the night.
                  It is rescheduled to depart at 9am. SKH is performing SQ306.
                  This will be causing more issue later on as only 4 version 1 available n these version 1 are needed for JFK n MEL.

It seem like SKK will depart as SQ807 so guess SQ218 will get a version 2 or version 3

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    This will be causing more issue later on as only 4 version 1 available n these version 1 are needed for JFK n MEL.

It seem like SKK will depart as SQ807 so guess SQ218 will get a version 2 or version 3
                    SQ306|01JUL ended up departing 10 minutes behind SQ308|01JUL.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Yes, SQ217 has 9V-SKM today. Could be interesting given it's the start of school holidays in a couple of states, so I can't imagine the Y cabins were very empty. Great day to be travelling in PEY on that flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Yes, SQ217 has 9V-SKM today. Could be interesting given it's the start of school holidays in a couple of states, so I can't imagine the Y cabins were very empty. Great day to be travelling in PEY on that flight!
                        But checking the load for SQ218 tonight, still have Y n Py seats available. So flight should not be too full. Guess the additional flight SQ258 does help to relieve some loads. Tom day time flights Y seats are quite full though

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                          I believe as long as the drone has infringed upon Singapore's airspace, they have the right to act unilaterally, especially if safety is involved.

If LKY was around, I think recreational drones would be banned by now.
                          Banning something just because you don't fully understand or know any other more nuanced way to regulate it? Just like Chng Suan Tze and gang? Jeez.

Comment

• SQ807 is heavily delayed due to bad weather in PEK. Pax were on board since the original ETD. Someone I know on board has already watched 2 movies lol! Dinner was served, but without alcohol. Aircraft is currently still at the gate although doors just closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                              SQ807 is heavily delayed due to bad weather in PEK. Pax were on board since the original ETD. Someone I know on board has already watched 2 movies lol! Dinner was served, but without alcohol. Aircraft is currently still at the gate although doors just closed.
                              9V-SKG (SQ807) just departed at 2234 hrs n will reach Changi at 452am.
                              Then it will perform SQ231 to Sydney with a delay ETD of 0620am.

So either SQ638/336 or 306 will get a version 3 A380 today?

Comment

9V-SKG (SQ807) just departed at 2234 hrs n will reach Changi at 452am.
                                Then it will perform SQ231 to Sydney with a delay ETD of 0620am.

So either SQ638/336 or 306 will get a version 3 A380 today?
                                SQ306|03JUL is operated by 9V-SKU (a version 3 A380) today.

Comment

Working...
                                X