• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetquay terminal at Changi

MANFlyer
    Jetquay Terminal at Changi
    « Thread started on: Sep 12th, 2006, 4:40pm »
    Anyone seen this place yet ?. The website may look impressive but it didn't have the important information so I fired off an email asking a few questions. Here is the response:

Warm greeetings from JetQuay CIP Terminal and thanks for your email. Please see my reply to your inquiries:

1. The facilty has started operations on 17 August 2006.

2. We are a membership-based Terminal.
    There're 3 tiers of membership:
    Individual: $2,000 for 1st year and subsequent annual retainer at $1000
    Group: $3000 for 1st year and subsequent annual retainer at $2000 (up to 5 nominated members)
    Corporate: $5000 for 1st year and subsequent annual retainer at $4000 (up to 10 nominated members)

Service usage fees:
    Gateway service: meet and greet at the main terminal (5 points per pax per transfer)
    Quayside service: buggy service to/from CIP Terminal (25 points per pax per transfer)
    Jetside service: limo travelling on tarmac to/from CIP Terminal (100 points per pax per transfer)

Each point is at an estimate of $10. For passengers taking the Quayside and Jetside service, they'll be entitled to free usage of the CIP terminal facilities - business ctr, mini gym, food and drinks, nap rooms...etc

3. We are not affliated to Singapore Airlines.

Please let me know you require clarifications and look foward to welcome you at the Asian's first luxury terminal soon. www.jetquay.com.sg

Thank you.

Item 3 was in repsonse to my question if any QPP's or TPP's got any benefits. I think the answer is quite clear!.

MovieMan
    Re: Jetquay Terminal at Changi
    « Reply #1 on: Sep 12th, 2006, 4:48pm »
    Thanks for this--I was curious as well, particularly about the pricing.

9V-JKL
    « Reply #2 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 12:52am »
    Don't quite fully understand the point system.

If its $10/pt =
    $50 for meet & greet?
    $1,000 for limo transfer?
    « Last edit: Sep 13th, 2006, 12:53am by 9V-JKL »

StarG
    « Reply #3 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 01:27am »
    Wow that's a VERY expensive limo ride to/from the terminal!

jhm
    « Reply #4 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 01:42am »
    on Sep 13th, 2006, 01:27am, StarG wrote:
    Wow that's a VERY expensive limo ride to/from the terminal!

Plus it's per pax!
    Having said that, it seems that if you book a limo ride, you don't need to be a member of the Terminal before using its facilities.

MANFlyer
    « Reply #5 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 4:32pm »
    Update:

You are most welcome to visit the CIP Terminal and use our services, however the non-member rate will be higher.
    Jetside: S$1200/pax/transfer
    Quayside: S$350/pax/transfer

Let me know when is your next trip to Singapore and I shall conduct a facility tour for you.

My colleague, ******* will be a better person to advise the range of beverages available in the lounge.

The last line is my attempt to see what wine and champagne they have...

tfung
    « Reply #6 on: Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:28pm »
    wow.. ok.. I see the point if one is traveling to and from SIN on a private jet... but if you are flying on in F or J, there is the SKL or other airline lounge already... and if in Y, then the terminal would be nice to wait for your flight, but I don't see those same people shelling out $1000 to take the limo to and from the plane, just to end up sitting at the back of the plane...
    « Last edit: Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:29pm by tfung »

thecommodore
    « Reply #7 on: Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:37pm »
    I think this is a good idea however the price seems high even for premium passengers. However, I do think that the idea of a VIP terminal could work very well in developing countries like India. If this service was offered at Delhi airport I am sure lots of people would take advantage in using it but prices definately have to be a lot lower than Singapore.

StarG
    « Reply #8 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 02:12am »
    Welcome to SQTalk, thecommodore.

Good to see you here.

Pricing Revised at JetQuay

Hi everyone,

Please note that you no longer need to pay membership fees to use JetQuay's facilities. There is now a per use rate. For example, the Quayside service is $150 for arrival or $350 for departure. You can ask your travel agent to build it into your ticket price.

For more information, please email sales@jetquay.com.sg.

Comment

I visited the facilities recently, and was indeed impressed. If you find the membership rates too expensive, you can actually opt for a 'per-use' fee instead. What Jetquay provides is exclusivity and privacy... especially if you don't want others to know who you are traveling with It's apparently popular among celebrities and corporate bigwigs who want to get out of the country without the prying eyes of fans or media.

The lounge is huge, and tastefully decorated, better than the SKL in T2 in my opinion. Great facility for chartered flights. I was told that JetQuay is currently in talks with some airlines (can't mention which ones now) who are keen to make this their lounge instead of using the common lounges in T2. There will also be tie-ups with various credit cards for their respective platinum card holders...

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
        I visited the facilities recently, and was indeed impressed. If you find the membership rates too expensive, you can actually opt for a 'per-use' fee instead. What Jetquay provides is exclusivity and privacy... especially if you don't want others to know who you are traveling with It's apparently popular among celebrities and corporate bigwigs who want to get out of the country without the prying eyes of fans or media.

The lounge is huge, and tastefully decorated, better than the SKL in T2 in my opinion. Great facility for chartered flights. I was told that JetQuay is currently in talks with some airlines (can't mention which ones now) who are keen to make this their lounge instead of using the common lounges in T2. There will also be tie-ups with various credit cards for their respective platinum card holders...
        Great News though.

Just to quote few details of the current JetQuay CIP Terminal is that, it used to be the old VIP Complex in the past owned by CAAS. After setting up the new VIP Complex next to the former. the old VIP Complex was turned into a CIP Complex instead owned by HKG based investors.

With the closure of Business Aviation Centre (BAC) in T1, all the corporate flights/VIP personnels were handled by JetQuay currently.

Rather interesting to see some Airlines are keen to provide access to the CIP Terminals for their paxs...
        A380 - European Pride!

Comment

I made some enquiries about this place when it first opened. I got a reply to my first question and that was it, no more replies to any other question. I lost interest then.

Comment

The website's appallingly poorly designed. I lost interest there and then too.

Comment

I guess such a facility will be attractive to those who value such services and exclusivity regardless of how well/poorly designed the website is. For those who don't really care for that, there's always the airline lounges to fall back on...

Comment

I'm sorry but I disagree. Regardless of what market the facility is aimed at there is no excuse for having a poor website and non existent customer service for enquiries about the facility.

Looking at the recent policy changes there according to recent post's by illka, it would appear that things have not been going as well as they had hoped!.

It would appear that there is a new push to get people in there with less restrictive terms. I wonder what one of the reasons for that may be ?.....

Comment

I really don't think that there is a sound business concept/model here.

The only potential clients are pax already flying F/J. Discount the corporate travellers (who don't have the time to linger at the airport) and one-time tourists (who wouldn't know of the service), and you're left with a worryingly small catchment of wealthy tai-tais - most of whom will have TPP spouse cards...

Of course some of these will be willing to pay for the service (over and above the free usage of SKL F), but enough to sustain this business? I highly doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    I really don't think that there is a sound business concept/model here.

The only potential clients are pax already flying F/J. Discount the corporate travellers (who don't have the time to linger at the airport) and one-time tourists (who wouldn't know of the service), and you're left with a worryingly small catchment of wealthy tai-tais - most of whom will have TPP spouse cards...

Of course some of these will be willing to pay for the service (over and above the free usage of SKL F), but enough to sustain this business? I highly doubt it.
                    spot on assessment

Comment

Anyone got an updated pricelist (or any pricelist at all) from these folks?

I'd like to give them a try one of these days

Comment

If this was offered at a much more hectic (and, in the case of LHR, downright hideous) airports, it would probably sell much better. As it stands, SIN is probably one of the last airports that needs this kind of service...

Comment

the Jetquay is a very isolated place. Most airport staff. including RESM cannot enter because you need to have the letter V on your airport pass to enter.

V = vip complex.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                            I was told that JetQuay is currently in talks with some airlines (can't mention which ones now) who are keen to make this their lounge instead of using the common lounges in T2.
                            I assume the JL announcement is the result of those talks ?

Comment

Working...
                            X