Food on SIN-KUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food on SIN-KUL

Not sure if this is a topic discussed before, but surely for the amount of moolah one spends on a full service carrier like SQ, they should be able to throw in a sandwich or a hot pie on the SIN - KUL route, given it is about 40 minutes worth of flight when the LCCs can even do Nasi Lemak. Any idea why the decision?

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    Not sure if this is a topic discussed before, but surely for the amount of moolah one spends on a full service carrier like SQ, they should be able to throw in a sandwich or a hot pie on the SIN - KUL route, given it is about 40 minutes worth of flight when the LCCs can even do Nasi Lemak. Any idea why the decision?
    Last time I flew KUL-SIN i got a this long Pastry with chicken? and vegetables. It was okay but not very filling. I think I got a packet of nuts too along with a few drinks. The flight seemed like only 10 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
      Last time I flew KUL-SIN i got a this long Pastry with chicken? and vegetables. It was okay but not very filling. I think I got a packet of nuts too along with a few drinks. The flight seemed like only 10 minutes!
      I guess that is only for Business Class. In economy, you will get a wide selection of coffee, tea, water or juice.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

SQ YCL paxs get drinks only. If the A330 flight is full, they're looking at 255 paxs. Not enough time to feed them with food and clean up given the short flight time.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
          SQ YCL paxs get drinks only. If the A330 flight is full, they're looking at 255 paxs. Not enough time to feed them with food and clean up given the short flight time.
          Isn't the same time taken to distribute the juices/coffee/tea the same as dispensing a roll or sandwich together?

Comment

This is actually one which MH and the full service European carriers do so much better than SQ

Why does SQ insist on a full trolley service and those silly trays for a splash of tea/coffee in Y, when MH can do juice and nuts, and the European carriers can do e.g. water/juice/snack in a bag (e.g. BA/KL to AMS, SK/LH domestic)

And then all that palaver with tableclothes and crockery for a plastic-wrapped sandwich in C, when, even between ZRH and GVA, LX can offer you a sandwich from a basket and then pretty much anything you like from the bar

Honestly, flying SQ from SIN-KUL is like a throwback to the 1970s...

Comment

Qantas can do a sandwich and bar service in a full economy cabin on a 25min SYD-CBR B738 dinner flight!

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                Isn't the same time taken to distribute the juices/coffee/tea the same as dispensing a roll or sandwich together?
                without the roll / sandwich, the crew are just dispensing drinks. but with food as well then that means additional stuff to be distributed = more time needed. May not seem much but in a short flight like SINKUL every second count. More so if the flight is full.

Oh well, who knows, maybe it just simply boils down to cutting cost.

Comment

I have since decided to travel budget from SIN to KL as you get food for 1/7 the cost of SQ

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
                    I have since decided to travel budget from SIN to KL as you get food for 1/7 the cost of SQ
                    The thrill of gobbling up a piping hot nasi lemak within 5 minutes on the 30min flight

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                      The thrill of gobbling up a piping hot nasi lemak within 5 minutes on the 30min flight
                      I'd imagine it's actually quite thrilling!?

Better ask SQflyergirl...

Comment

JAL which does the route does not even provide a snack and its only one drink in JCL.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                          JAL which does the route does not even provide a snack and its only one drink in JCL.
                          They've stopped a long time ago...

Comment

How about merging these two threads?

SQFG's earlier thread
                            http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4949

Comment

No need to be too concerned about what's served on this very short flight. At either end of the route are a myriad of delightful tastes and variety, i can't imagine why anyone would be too bothered if you got a meal or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X